British Speedway Forum
davieb1

leicester lions already lost it ?

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

And to think. They could have put in a Belle Vue or Bydgoszcz, but instead got it so wrong it’s impossible to actually believe.

It actually isn’t, that is just pure fantasy. No way could they  have done either. The footprint simply isn’t big enough. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Leave some for us. said:

It actually isn’t, that is just pure fantasy. No way could they  have done either. The footprint simply isn’t big enough. 

A Gustrow or a Mildenhall could have been fitted in easily though...

Utterly bizarre to design a track with such long straights and tight bends...

Went twice and the racing was poor on both occasions.. 

Follow the leader literally as all riders hit the apex entering the bends, slid up the banking to the fence, locked up, then powered off down the straight, all following exactly the same line..

Like watching synchronised Speedway.. :D

Might go sometime this season to see what the track changes have done to improve the racing..

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Might go sometime this season to see what the track changes have done to improve the racing..

You should it’s much better than it was originally. Didn’t ermolenko have a hand in the design ? 

Leicester don't have to be good away to finish in the top 6, which they are bound to do! So it's clearly not all over for the Lions!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Leave some for us. said:

You should it’s much better than it was originally. Didn’t ermolenko have a hand in the design ? 

Ermolenko wanted to design is as a bigger Wolverhampton but departed the project before work on the track commenced I read somewhere. 

5 hours ago, Leave some for us. said:

AFAIK Sam marked the track layout with pegs, but the pegs were moved to suit another's design (similar ratio to a Cycle speedway track) without Sam's knowledge prior to the laying of the circuit.

David Hemsley, who is still the landlord, Glyn Taylor & Ermolenko all involved at the beginning to a greater or lesser extent with the track.

No matter how much space you have there is always a right way and a wrong way to build a track. Those responsible for it at Leicester got it 'off the charts' wrong!

The racing as definitely improved from opening night but put it this way it couldn't get any worse! Seen some good racing there.

How they get away with not fulfilling the plans for making use of the unused land is beyond me....BMX ,5 a side etc...

Car park is awful but no one seems to want to take on the responsibility of fixing it. Guess that's a Hemsley vs Matt Bates ego battle?!

I av to question Josh Bates being the track record holder at Leicester.........ponder ponder? And ponder a liddle bit more! 

Edited by Turnip

2 hours ago, Turnip said:

David Hemsley, who is still the landlord, Glyn Taylor & Ermolenko all involved at the beginning to a greater or lesser extent with the track.

No matter how much space you have there is always a right way and a wrong way to build a track. Those responsible for it at Leicester got it 'off the charts' wrong!

The racing as definitely improved from opening night but put it this way it couldn't get any worse! Seen some good racing there.

How they get away with not fulfilling the plans for making use of the unused land is beyond me....BMX ,5 a side etc...

Car park is awful but no one seems to want to take on the responsibility of fixing it. Guess that's a Hemsley vs Matt Bates ego battle?!

I av to question Josh Bates being the track record holder at Leicester.........ponder ponder? And ponder a liddle bit more! 

I've attended most meetings since re-opening and the racing has vastly improved in the last 2-3 years due to track alterations and different shale being used.

I know some people have mobility issues, but there's a perfectly fine car park at the shopping centre only a further two minutes walk away.

14 hours ago, Leave some for us. said:

9 hours ago, Bellers101 said:

Ermolenko wanted to design is as a bigger Wolverhampton but departed the project before work on the track commenced I read somewhere. 

8 hours ago, Gambo said:

AFAIK Sam marked the track layout with pegs, but the pegs were moved to suit another's design (similar ratio to a Cycle speedway track) without Sam's knowledge prior to the laying of the circuit.

If Sam's instructions on track layout and design were anything like his TV commentary it's no wonder the track turned out like it did :D

7 minutes ago, iainb said:

If Sam's instructions on track layout and design were anything like his TV commentary it's no wonder the track turned out like it did :D

Well I would have imagined  that Sam would have loved the long "straight- a-ways." :)

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Dave Jones said:

Well I would have imagined  that Sam would have loved the long "straight- a-ways." :)

The story I heard was that Sam helped to peg out the design and then went to the US for a visit. When he came back, the layout had be altered to what we have today and he said he wanted nothing further to do with the project. The design remained, so Sam did not.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, False dawn said:

The story I heard was that Sam helped to peg out the design and then went to the US for a visit. When he came back, the layout had be altered to what we have today and he said he wanted nothing further to do with the project. The design remained, so Sam did not.

That may very well be true... not as funny though :drink:

• Like 1

On 4/23/2022 at 4:28 PM, davieb1 said:

with all there big guns doing not a lot away from home 

im just wondering have the lions already lost the title this season as there not doing it away from home are they

this has got to be the worst  dumb ar$ed post of the century . season has just started and already killing off the lions chances of lifting any silverware .jeez, get a grip .

4 hours ago, Turnip said:

At a practice session in the early days, Hemsley told me that he wanted a 'fast' speedway; this is why he made it with long straights. Of course, he really should have found out what a fast speedway is actually like!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LionsFan said:

I've attended most meetings since re-opening and the racing has vastly improved in the last 2-3 years due to track alterations and different shale being used.

I know some people have mobility issues, but there's a perfectly fine car park at the shopping centre only a further two minutes walk away.

Aside from mobility issues when it's been raining the holes fill with muddy water which is not a great when u put ur feet out of the car into one. This is hard to avoid when there are so many!

If I was a promoter I would not expect people with mobility issues to walk even further, as ur suggesting, from the shopping centre. Why do u think supermarkets etc av disabled parking near the entrance to the supermarket. And they then would still need to walk through the car park at the stadium! The buggy at Leicester is a great idea but maybe that shud start from the shopping centre car park upon ur suggestion!

Are u sure ur not David Hemsley in disguise?:rolleyes:

P.s it may only be a couple of mins walk for most folk from the other car park but the opposite is true for those with any disability not just mobility.

Edited by Turnip
  • Like 1