Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bald Bloke

King's Lynn v Ipswich. League Cup 25/4/22

2 hours ago, Trees said:

Yes you're still allowed, people don't buy them because of the cost these days .... you can get ones that don't use cannisters of compressed air online though!

I do like air horns at speedway, the make the atmosphere so much better i think. I would get a new refill before every meeting when i was a lad. Bloody long time ago now though.

I think these are what you mentioned Trees. You get10 for 20 quid. Don't know how load they are. Might only be as loud as a frogs fart. Might be pretty loud. Who knows.:t:

10x Loud Air Horn Hand Held Pump Action Sports Event Party Concerts Festival | eBay

Edited by Bald Bloke

25 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

I do like air horns at speedway, the make the atmosphere so much better i think. I would get a new refill before every meeting when i was a lad. Bloody long time ago now though.

I think these are what you mentioned Trees. You get10 for 20 quid. Don't know how load they are. Might only be as loud as a frogs fart. Might be pretty loud. Who knows.:t:

10x Loud Air Horn Hand Held Pump Action Sports Event Party Concerts Festival | eBay

At a TV meeting during the last season at Rye House the promotion handed out pump action air horns. I got one and it proved to be as loud as  one which needs a refill. I took it to the next meeting only to be told that I could not use it as they created a nuisance. I pointed out that the promotion had issued them and was told they were only allowed at TV meetings as they created a better atmosphere. I asked why they didn't want a better atmosphere at non-TV meetings and was told that I was being awkward! 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, Bald Bloke said:

10x Loud Air Horn Hand Held Pump Action Sports Event Party Concerts Festival | eBay

There you go BB,buy 10 of them sell them for £4 each outside the stadium and there's your entrance fee on the profits.You would think there would be 10 kids who's parents would buy them one at a decent price of £4 wouldn't you.I might be one of those kids at the age of 53:party:

1 hour ago, Chris116 said:

At a TV meeting during the last season at Rye House the promotion handed out pump action air horns. I got one and it proved to be as loud as  one which needs a refill. I took it to the next meeting only to be told that I could not use it as they created a nuisance. I pointed out that the promotion had issued them and was told they were only allowed at TV meetings as they created a better atmosphere. I asked why they didn't want a better atmosphere at non-TV meetings and was told that I was being awkward! 

And the best bit about this is that whoever said that to you.....

You just know that it made "perfect sense" to them... :D

3 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

Wolves away on Monday will determine if Lynn will be in with a shout of the league and if Pickering can stand up to the test of his elevated status to #1 

Lynn havn't had a meeting yet against a full strength opposition team ,the trip to Monmore maybe the opposite now with Lynn the under strength team

Nice to see the enthusiasm back amongst the lynn fans

I would like to think we will be at for strength on Monday.Only concern for me is it will be Pickering's first visit to Monmore.Hopefully he will realise quite quickly that the track isn't quite the same shape as Lynn's:o

13 minutes ago, tellboy said:

There you go BB,buy 10 of them sell them for £4 each outside the stadium and there's your entrance fee on the profits.You would think there would be 10 kids who's parents would buy them one at a decent price of £4 wouldn't you.I might be one of those kids at the age of 53:party:

I'll put your name on one then Tellboy :P. But seriously, it wouldn't hurt Buster to give 10 away at home meetings, or even sell them for cost. It would definitely up the atmosphere around the place. At 58 i'm to old have one , i think, but do like to hear them.

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, tellboy said:

I would like to think we will be at for strength on Monday.Only concern for me is it will be Pickering's first visit to Monmore.Hopefully he will realise quite quickly that the track isn't quite the same shape as Lynn's:o

Josh has managed to find the best way round Armadiddle for years now!!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Roger Jacobs said:

If Hawkins is happy with there heat wins from 12 races, and 21 out of 36 points for Doyle and Batchelor, then he's happy to lose matches.

Never said he was “happy”, he said there was some positives to take from our own riders. Scores from Doyle, Batchelor and King weren’t earth shattering by any means don’t get me wrong, but Lynn away is clearly a difficult fixture this time, they look a good side. Fact remains, 2 guests scored a single point between them, and our rider and former Lynn rider who has started the season in fine form was a big miss, as was our reserve who hit paid 16 there only a few months ago. Chances are, our normal 1-7 would have made the score more than respectable. 

An awful lot of negativity around at the moment and that’s understandable as we’ve had 3 meetings and lost all 3 with the home defeat a particular concern, but it’s still only 3 meetings in at the end of the day and very early. Having said that, I’d still like to see the club bite the bullet and strengthen if it’s possible before the league campaign starts. Belle Vue suddenly look very strong and and will start favourites in our first league meeting next week, that’s a huge test.

Edited by Arch Stanton

4 hours ago, tellboy said:

Im sure he will get loads of advice from Sam Masters of how to ride Karlsson corner .

Edited by scoobydoo
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, tellboy said:

You must have missed my point about Pickering last week.Whilst i said i agree speedway is a numbers game pretty much now,sometimes you just have to take a rider that is going to entertain you every week rather than look at his average.And in Pickering we have an entertainer.I said to my mate if he ends up with a 9pt average this season we have to have him next season.The guy is pure entertainment so far.

I would have taken Pickering over Ellis every day of the week incidentally for the entertainment,plus Sheffield would have had nearly an extra .7 to play with for team building purposes.

If Sheffield win the league with Ellis I doubt they'd care! Suspect Saddlebow Rd suits Pickering more than Owlerton. Not sure I saw Pickering on my jaunts up the A38 last year. His Perry Barr visits couldn't have been more chalk & cheese.

Who is .7 better than Neilsen that would be worth signing? As I assume that is who you'd replace.

6 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

Yes they are similar to mine lol They must be pretty loud cos the young people near me always say it hurts their ears LOL I'm OK, deaf in one ear LOL

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Col said:

If Sheffield win the league with Ellis I doubt they'd care! Suspect Saddlebow Rd suits Pickering more than Owlerton. Not sure I saw Pickering on my jaunts up the A38 last year. His Perry Barr visits couldn't have been more chalk & cheese.

Who is .7 better than Neilsen that would be worth signing? As I assume that is who you'd replace.

Still missing my point i think.Whilst i said speedway is mainly a points game,it's also about entertainment.I also said i would take Pickering on a 9,even though he probably wouldn't maintain that average his entertainment and everything that goes with him atm is worth it.Of course it's always nice to win,but the people i have spoke to after our home meetings haven't mentioned the wins just the about the great rides Pickering has had.As i said in a previous post too,atm newcomers to the sport want to see great racing they are not necessarily concerned with wins atm.Pickering is probably the main reason why the newcomers around me have come back again.It's hard to get kids of 14/15 out to speedway now but they have come back for more.

If i was Sheffield i would have took Pickering over Ellis for the reason Sheffield would have still been the team to beat.Plus they would have one brilliant entertainer in their team.That's a brilliant recipe for getting people back.

• Like 7

20 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Never said he was “happy”, he said there was some positives to take from our own riders. Scores from Doyle, Batchelor and King weren’t earth shattering by any means don’t get me wrong, but Lynn away is clearly a difficult fixture this time, they look a good side. Fact remains, 2 guests scored a single point between them, and our rider and former Lynn rider who has started the season in fine form was a big miss, as was our reserve who hit paid 16 there only a few months ago. Chances are, our normal 1-7 would have made the score more than respectable. 

An awful lot of negativity around at the moment and that’s understandable as we’ve had 3 meetings and lost all 3 with the home defeat a particular concern, but it’s still only 3 meetings in at the end of the day and very early. Having said that, I’d still like to see the club bite the bullet and strengthen if it’s possible before the league campaign starts. Belle Vue suddenly look very strong and and will start favourites in our first league meeting next week, that’s a huge test.

I said "if".  Even you reckon they scored pretty well for an away meeting.  Maybe they scored pretty well for an Ipswich away meeting ... but that just reflects a complete lack of ambition.

There's no spark, or even vitality - the whole aura of the club is one that's just going through the motions.

5 hours ago, Roger Jacobs said:

I said "if".  Even you reckon they scored pretty well for an away meeting.  Maybe they scored pretty well for an Ipswich away meeting ... but that just reflects a complete lack of ambition.

There's no spark, or even vitality - the whole aura of the club is one that's just going through the motions.

Had a few mins so had a gander, I know it's the cup ( points don't count towards ave's) and it's early in the season, Here's your top 4. Only 3 meetings and 2 for Riss.  I know it's way to early and did it just as an idea for ya. 

Starting Av          so far

JD 8.96                 8.00

King 7.76             5.71

TB 5.67                 5.71

Riss 5.08             6.54