British Speedway Forum
ScunnyDan

29.04.2022 League: Scunny v Plymouth

Stunning result for the Gladiators and one I didn't expect. Gutted for Dan, hopefully not out too long.

An unsung hero tonight for me was young Ablitt guesting at reserve. A couple of really important points from him made a real difference, heat 14 especially was unexpected.

Two new reserves needed for Plymouth by the sounds of things.

• Like 1

Gutted for dan he’s been on fire,iron scorpion, scunny dan we have given it to you boys tonight,team set up to win at home don’t make me laugh 6 points this week cheers scorpions.what happened to lamberts no 1 engine coming back from the tuners didn’t it arrive.im only joking honestly but if you battered us tonight I’m sure I’d get a similar post.good luck for the rest of the season but I do like putting one over Godfrey.

• Like 1

Always looked a dangerous one when you consider how well some of the Plymouth riders go at Scunny!!! MPT was good but real standout especially earlier on was Gilkes and was such a shame how it ended!! Barker and Lawson were solid!! Great all round performance and even Bowtell was a little unlucky 

Scorpions as usual let down by Lambert and Kinsley and Palin was very poor but hes got enough points in the bank to be given some slack, Allen was much bettet tonight though 

dont think Plymouth will be the strongest team to visit and its a concern for a team built to win at home 

Edited by phillipsr
  • Haha 1

Get well soon Dan :t:

Good showings from Pirates duo Lawson & Ablitt :t: Be great to see them both riding against Plymouth rather than for them next Tuesday at the Coliseum :D

• Haha 1

Congratulations to Plymouth on a well deserved victory, far superior at gating and even Bowtell who failed to score rode well, commiserations to Dan Gilkes on his injury.

As for Scunny very disappointing, Kinsley and Lambert are National league riders while Palin seems to be going through a lack of confidence phase and it doesn’t help that Scunny have the worst team manager in the world, why use Douglas as a tactical substitute so early in the meeting, total waste.

• Thanks 1

Gilkes really was the difference tonight, I expected Plymouth's top 4 to score good points but I didn't really expect Gilkes to get paid 11, hope he has quick recovery. I thought Lambert did alright tonight, I think he will bag some bigger scores when he drops to reserve. I am bit concerned with Kinsley's form he was brought in for his Scunny form and that's two no scores.

Brilliant performance by the Devils last night,never looked like being beaten from heat one,

wishing Gilkes a problem free recovery,he was fabulous last night

For Scunny ,Lambert,Palin and Kinsley were poor,whatever engine Palin was on it needs to go in the bin as was quite obvious no speed in the engine

Well done Plymouth

Firstly, its not nice to see a mate get hurt like that, speedy recovery Dan mate - that was an awful crash.

Fair play to the Gladiators, better team on the night won.. Great choice of guests by Plymouth management.

Also, a quick thankyou to Ben Barker who came into Scorpions TV Media Center and had our first ever live on the spot interview

• Like 2

11 hours ago, lewy said:

There doing a good job of that themselves, if they had 2 ambulances they could of took him straight to hospital without delay and the meeting could have proceeded providing the there was adequate medical cover which seems to be in doubt, I hope the scb investigate this clusterfook!!

That's not how two ambulances work. If the paramedic is busy/has to go with the rider racing can't continue. The only solution is an extra paramedic but you're talking a lot of money

• Like 3

Good win for Plymouth against a team that carried 3 riders last night . Didnt think the racing was up to much last night as scunny Dan said in his preview it was super slick which never leads to a great spectacle. Hope Dan gets well soon as he was very good as expected last . Anyway never mind the result it's only speedway. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

Good win for Plymouth against a team that carried 3 riders last night . Didnt think the racing was up to much last night as scunny Dan said in his preview it was super slick which never leads to a great spectacle. Hope Dan gets well soon as he was very good as expected last . Anyway never mind the result it's only speedway. 

Agreed, the Plymouth riders attacked the track a lot more, none more so than Dan Gilkes who had a tremendous meeting up until the unfortunate accident, we were having good banter with a Plymouth supporter in front of us who turned out to be Dan Gilkes grandad who was with 2 lasses, obviously they were visibly upset rushing to the pits so not only best wishes to Dan Gilkes for a speedy recovery but to his family as well.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1