British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Gorzow GP round 5 Saturday 25th June.

Reflecting on Saturday nights GP, overall it wasn’t bad, the set track produced some, let’s say, interesting racing, but as lines developed it turned into something better than an ok meeting, but I wouldn’t say it was a very good meeting and far from brilliant.             
Dan and Robert seem to be developing nicely. Dan has turned himself into a good gater, much better than last year. Both seem to be holding back when close to someone, like they have straight line speed, get to a corner and seem to shut off a bit. It’s inexperience. Laguta used to do the same, but something changed in him last year and took him to a new level. 
Would love to see Madsen or Lingren become world champ this year, but it doesn’t look it will happen. Due to injury/illness I think the chance has passed them.        
So, my hope is on Vaculik. He knows how to race, and race fast. He can take it to Zmarzlik as he showed on Saturday. Given he has fast bikes, if he can keep injury free he has a good chance of doing it.

57 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

Reflecting on Saturday nights GP, overall it wasn’t bad, the set track produced some, let’s say, interesting racing, but as lines developed it turned into something better than an ok meeting, but I wouldn’t say it was a very good meeting and far from brilliant.             
Dan and Robert seem to be developing nicely. Dan has turned himself into a good gater, much better than last year. Both seem to be holding back when close to someone, like they have straight line speed, get to a corner and seem to shut off a bit. It’s inexperience. Laguta used to do the same, but something changed in him last year and took him to a new level. 
Would love to see Madsen or Lingren become world champ this year, but it doesn’t look it will happen. Due to injury/illness I think the chance has passed them.        
So, my hope is on Vaculik. He knows how to race, and race fast. He can take it to Zmarzlik as he showed on Saturday. Given he has fast bikes, if he can keep injury free he has a good chance of doing it.

IMO if Bart had been off  any other gate than three in the final he would have probably won he used his head as he  had min of 14points and could afford for the others to take points off him ,that impressed me as in the past he would have gone over the top to win the race .

Edited by FAST GATER

2 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

I like Vaculik, and when he's on form, he can be unstoppable. Trouble is - and he's already shown it this year - when he isn't, he can look like a complete novice.