British Speedway Forum
Mike0310

Plymouth v Scunthorpe

3 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Plymouth will try it for as long as possible as makes them way stronger than him actually riding. Hopefully the powers at be see some sense and give them a time scale to replace him or make them use NL guests.

I thought there was a time limit in the rules?

Could have been more if Lambert could score points away but no doubt there will be a boring reply from someone stating he is in the team to score at home but even at home he is struggling.

10 minutes ago, OldtimerRay said:

Could have been more if Lambert could score points away but no doubt there will be a boring reply from someone stating he is in the team to score at home but even at home he is struggling.

Yeah I must admit I’m a lambert fan but if he keeps going like this it’s going to lead to a tough situation for both parties 

Edited by Ryan555

3 pts from 3 riders and Scunthorpe Scorpions go and get a bonus point at Plymouth tonight ,not many teams will get a bonus point at the Gladiators this season . Well done to all 7 riders it takes balls to put your leg over a speedway machine and race for our entertainment , ignore the internet warriors who have never sat on a bike 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, eric i said:

I thought there was a time limit in the rules?

They'd be a bit stuck come the playoffs anyway when you can't use anyone from a team who is also in the playoffs! Is there a replacement they can sign as Ed has quite a high average? 

15 minutes ago, Tosh1218 said:

3 pts from 3 riders and Scunthorpe Scorpions go and get a bonus point at Plymouth tonight ,not many teams will get a bonus point at the Gladiators this season . Well done to all 7 riders it takes balls to put your leg over a speedway machine and race for our entertainment , ignore the internet warriors who have never sat on a bike 

Ah the old for our entertainment rubbish again 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, phillipsr said:

Ah the old for our entertainment rubbish again 

What a complete Bell end you are , why didn’t Josh Auty ride at the EW raceway last week for Birmingham because he’s broken his TiB & Fib . So likely 16 plus weeks off work and no racing as well  .Riders in this country aren’t paid like the riders in Poland , you area complete joke why don’t you take fishing up 

I bet mouthy Mike wasn’t expecting a bonus point for the scorpions..well done boys 

• Like 1

Great point for the Scorpions on the road..

Simons been having engine troubles while his number one has been at the tuners, which is due to be picked up tomorrow - watch him fly Friday!

got to take my hat off to Tero, my new hero after tonight!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, phillipsr said:

Oh shut up!!! Its sad that Josh was injured but he was not riding to entertain he was riding because he is paid to do so!!! Doesnt matter on the figures he doesnt do to entertain!!! Anyone who thinks that is an idiot!! 

Indeed....

If they did it for free then that is "for our entertainment"....

For so many it is their only job so they are professional sportsmen investing in very expensive kit to deliver a much greater return in earnings....

A "risky profession" no doubt, but so is Boxing, MMA, Skiing, Other motor sports etc...

Not to mention Firefighting, Police, and the Armed Services...

None of the above anyone does "for our entertainment"...

Some do it for the money, some for the adrenaline rush...

No more than that. ..

• Like 9

40 minutes ago, Shrimmy said:

I bet mouthy Mike wasn’t expecting a bonus point for the scorpions..well done boys 

First off I’m not mouthy I just support my team and want them to win.and I’m also honest what I see in front of me,so here goes Scunthorpe totally deserved there point Douglas Allen and Aarnio were very good but why do you persevere   with lambert he was awful absolutely awful but as I say you deserved your point well done.

Edited by Mike0310
  • Like 2

Scunny had the majority of race winners.. enough to normally win a meeting...  the obvious weak links cost us tonight, too many 0's on the scorecard.

• Like 1

Entertainment, money, a hobby, a job, a career

All different reasons or a combination of reasons as to why a rider takes up speedway.

I'm  a personal friend of an ex rider and he never enjoyed racing so he tells me.

I know a couple of young riders in the NL, one sees it more as a hobby as he as a job  &; the other one sees it more as a professional career.

Nearly all riders entertain after the race as finished, Skornicki with his doughnuts, the late Danny Ayres , Zorro etc etc :t:

Respect to all that cock their leg over :t:

Edited by Turnip

Fair play to Scunny on getting a hard earned point. Douglas is proving to be a proper number 1, as expected, but Aarnio really seems to have turned a corner! Kennedy is looking useful too. There’s obviously still some weak links but maybe when Lambert drops to reserve he’ll start firing.