British Speedway Forum
Mike0310

Plymouth v Scunthorpe

14 hours ago, Mike0310 said:

First off I’m not mouthy I just support my team and want them to win.and I’m also honest what I see in front of me,so here goes Scunthorpe totally deserved there point Douglas Allen and Aarnio were very good but why do you persevere   with lambert he was awful absolutely awful but as I say you deserved your point well done.

Said through gritted teeth. :D

If MPT is back for Friday and Lawson is guesting, then Plymouth look very strong opposition at the EWR. Quite ironic that Lambo, Palin and Kinsley probably had more laps around the Gladiators track in the past, but scored so few points.

2 hours ago, Islander15 said:

Fair play to Scunny on getting a hard earned point. Douglas is proving to be a proper number 1, as expected, but Aarnio really seems to have turned a corner! Kennedy is looking useful too. There’s obviously still some weak links but maybe when Lambert drops to reserve he’ll start firing. 

I think the final score does flatter Scunny, once the Gladiators knew they couldn't be beaten they seamed to drop their guard.  It also appeared that mid meeting "Chairman" Godfrey took control of track grading & lack of watering giving the visiting team the track advantage!  All in all yet another enjoyable meeting @ the coliseum, could be an interesting meeting ahead on Friday.

2 hours ago, Ghosty said:

I think the final score does flatter Scunny, once the Gladiators knew they couldn't be beaten they seamed to drop their guard.  It also appeared that mid meeting "Chairman" Godfrey took control of track grading & lack of watering giving the visiting team the track advantage!  All in all yet another enjoyable meeting @ the coliseum, could be an interesting meeting ahead on Friday.

The 1 pointed that Plymouth "gifted" Scunthorpe then, could prove to be crucial at the end of the season for the play off positions.

I wouldn't have thought that an away promoter/manager would be allowed to take control of grading & watering unless asked whether he be the "Chairman" or not.

15 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

The 1 pointed that Plymouth "gifted" Scunthorpe then, could prove to be crucial at the end of the season for the play off positions.

I wouldn't have thought that an away promoter/manager would be allowed to take control of grading & watering unless asked whether he be the "Chairman" or not.

Especially when you think the 2 teams could be in similar positions! Might be the difference between 6th and 7th.

Since when the hell did Ben Barkers 2 wheels ever go anywhere near over the white line in heat 3??? Even that point dropped there in heat 3 gave Scunny the league point at the end of the night...

The only time he gets remotely close to the white line is coming off bend 4, but even then he doesn't get close to BOTH wheels crossing the white line...?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

The only time he gets remotely close to the white line is coming off bend 4, but even then he doesn't get close to BOTH wheels crossing the white line...?

Spec savers needed for the ref!

6 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

Yes, a clear cut case of the ref getting it wrong!

Plymouth haven't had much luck with referee's decisions so far this season - this one had a direct effect on the match outcome. Due a rub of the green I think.

28 minutes ago, ancient mariner said:

Plymouth haven't had much luck with referee's decisions so far this season - this one had a direct effect on the match outcome. Due a rub of the green I think.

Richie Worrall said on the British Speedway podcast this week that there a lot of new refs around this year and making some bad decisions so maybe more training needed?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1