British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

European Team Championships Poznan Sunday May 15th Live on TV

Another meeting the day after Warsaw- The European Team Championship in Poznan start time 1pm UK time- live on TVP Sport.

Final only with Poland, GB, Sweden and Denmark.

The Promoters (Speedway Events.pl) say this is a new event

Edited by racers and royals

Google translated article worth reading

Today, in the afternoon in Poznań, a press conference was held regarding the inclusion in the FIM Europe calendar of a new, large speedway event - the European Team Speedway Championship. This name covers the well-known formula of the Team World Cup - only in the European version.

Four national teams will take part in its premiere, pilot edition - Great Britain, Denmark, Sweden
and Poland. The Ministry of Sport and Tourism, FIM Europe, the Polish Motor Association, Enea Group, and the City of Poznań invite you to the competition.
and Speedwayevents.pl. The MEP Ryszard Czarnecki is the honorary patron of the event.

The press conference was attended by representatives of four countries that will take part in this competition on May 15 in Poznań: Poland (Rafał Dobrucki) and online Denmark (Hans Nielsen), Great Britain (Rob Painter) and Sweden (Morgan Andersson).

- I am very glad that we were finally able to organize this competition. We talked for a long time and planned to start this cycle, in fact, before the pandemic. Now everything is buttoned up to the last button. It is a fulfillment of the expectations of fans and the speedway community who would like to see the representation in the team competition in five-person teams. Wider teams are a kind of motivation for the federation to train speedway riders - says Piotr Szymański, Chairman of the FIM Europe Track Racing Commission.

The Enea European Team Speedway Championship is a return to the real team competition on speedway, so liked by fans.
There has never been such a tournament in the European edition. Each team will consist of 4 players and a substitute. The formula of the tournament envisages 20 races, after which the medalists of the Enea European Team Speedway Championship will be selected, i.e. - switching to Polish - the Enea European Team Speedway Championship. All teams confirmed their participation in the strongest line-ups. So we can be sure that we will see the world's leading speedway riders at the Poznań track. The winning team will receive an impressive cup, and the prize pool for all participants will amount to EUR 70,000. The line-ups will be announced at the beginning of May.

- For many years we have been successfully winning these titles among juniors and we have always said that such competitions should be held at the highest level. This system is fair and transparent. 200 meters from here, I was walking on the sidewalks of the local AWF, so I know these areas very well - said Rafał Dobrucki, the coach of the Speedway Polish National Team.

This year's final of the Enea European Team Speedway Championship in Poznań is a pilot. Elimination is planned for next year. Their formula will depend on the number of submissions. Only the host will be able to start in the final.

- It's fun to be at the press conference with Hans Nielsen, whom I have admired for many years. As in recent years, I am honored to be the Honorary Patron of this competition. Poznań deserves great speedway, 31 years ago the World Pairs Championship was held in Golęcin. We didn't do the best then - now Coach Dobrucki is the guarantor of our team's successes - added Ryszard Czarnecki.

The city of Poznań has already hosted a great speedway event - in 1991, the final of the World Pairs Championship took place at the Golęcin stadium. The Enea European Team Speedway Championship is the return of the highest-level speedway to this city after 31 years.

- I would like to thank you for inviting Swedish speedway riders to this competition. After many years, we are returning to the great competitions that the fans missed. It will be a tournament of great players and great teams - said Morgan Andersson, manager of the Swedish National Team.

- The tradition of racing in full squads obliges, we have all been waiting for it. After many years, returning to Poznań will bring back beautiful memories. There are a lot of speedway tournaments, but this format is probably the best one. It was in Poznań in 1991 that together with my teammates I won the gold medal at the World Pairs Championship, it was a really fantastic day for us - added Hans Nielsen, manager of the Danish National Team.

The titular sponsor of the competition in Poznań will be Enea Group - the vice-leader of the Polish electricity market in the field of electricity production. Manages the full value chain in the electricity market: from fuel, through production, distribution, sales and customer service.

Enea has been supporting sport for many years - both professional and youth. It is the title sponsor of, among others volleyball and basketball teams
in north-west Poland, speedway competitions and the largest triathlon events. Sports education of children is promoted under the Enea Akademia Sportu project.

It is also a sponsor of the Polish Association of Rowing Societies and the Polish Table Tennis Association. The ambassador of the brand is Natalia Partyka, a titled table tennis player and multiple participant in the Olympic Games and a paralympic medalist.

- It will be a really fantastic day, because after many years we are going back to the good format. All teams should be satisfied with their participation in this tournament - said Rob Painter, UK manager.

Ticket sales for this competition will start in a few days. Details will be given in a separate announcement. Prices will start from
PLN 40. The competition will be broadcast live by the TVP Sport channel.

The competition will start at 1:00 PM UK time

Prize schedule in EUR:

1. 24.000
2. 19.000
3. 15.000
4. 12.000

Impressive.

15 minutes ago, DutchGrasstrack said:

Prize schedule in EUR:

1. 24.000
2. 19.000
3. 15.000
4. 12.000

Impressive.

fair play to Speedway events.pl for coming up with the prize money- not sure that Discovery Sports events will be overly happy with FIM Europe for putting this meeting on under their banner, especially in 2023 the Speedway world cup returns in Torun.

any lineups announced anywhere yet, nothing on FIM site

Edited by stevehone

15 minutes ago, stevehone said:

any lineups announced anywhere yet, nothing on FIM site

No i keep on looking- It will be on FIM Europe as it’s their event but should be first seen on Speedway events.pl facebook page.

• Like 1

A fair few quid up for grabs so each team should be the strongest they can find....

Presume Woffy, Lambert and Bewley nailed on?

After that? 

Cook? Ellis? 

2 hours ago, racers and royals said:

No i keep on looking- It will be on FIM Europe as it’s their event but should be first seen on Speedway events.pl facebook page.

yeah FIM Europe was where i've been looking as that where the regs are listed

Denmark. Leon Madsen, Patrick Hansen, Anders Thomsen, Mikkel Michelsen, Frederick Jakobsen

Sweden. Jacob Thorssell, Fredrik Lindgren, Pontus Aspgren, Oliver Berntzon, Kim Nilsson

Poland. Patryk Dudek, Maciej Janowski, Janusz Kolodziej, Bartosz Zmarlik' Kacper Woryna

GB. Robert Lambert, Dan Bewley, Adam Ellis, Chris Harris, Tom Brennan

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Bavarian said:

No Woffinden ! Why ?

The only reason i can think of is that this meeting is a recent addition to what would have been his schedule and he is busy doing something else that day.

On 4/26/2022 at 8:25 PM, racers and royals said:

Another meeting the day after Warsaw- The European Team Championship in Poznan start time 1pm UK time- live on TVP Sport.

Final only with Poland, GB, Sweden and Denmark.

The Promoters (Speedway Events.pl) say this is a new event

But it's not a new event is it? There was a Euro team event about ten years ago that got scrapped because no one cared...

2 hours ago, f-s-p said:

But it's not a new event is it? There was a Euro team event about ten years ago that got scrapped because no one cared...

A Promoter not telling the truth- unbelieveable 

21 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

A Promoter not telling the truth- unbelieveable 

Shocked 

On 5/7/2022 at 10:20 AM, racers and royals said:

The only reason i can think of is that this meeting is a recent addition to what would have been his schedule and he is busy doing something else that day.

Getting another tattoo.Giving the youngsters a chance.