British Speedway Forum
justathought

Leicester Lions v Redcar Bears 30/4/22

25 minutes ago, Paulco said:

In the light of this result , the 38 we got last week doesn't look so bad . Dont see anyone getting close to Leicester ar home 

Not as good as 42 the week before though :P and we took it to a last heat decider. 

Edited by lisa-colette

1 hour ago, stevehone said:

Poole got 42 the other week

Yeah but that's Poole 

• Haha 1

Poor entertainment as far as a competitive meeting goes, just the one great ride from Joe Thompson worthy of note. Bears not competitive once they hit the numerous bumps on bends one and two. Easy win for the Lions who deserved the big pay night.

Sorry to see the state of the track ( no curb visible on the back straight anymore ) and the ‘ centre green ‘ ( abandoned overgrown wasteland ) .

Leicester a cert for the play offs on home form alone.

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

Poor entertainment as far as a competitive meeting goes, just the one great ride from Joe Thompson worthy of note. Bears not competitive once they hit the numerous bumps on bends one and two. Easy win for the Lions who deserved the big pay night.

Sorry to see the state of the track ( no curb visible on the back straight anymore ) and the ‘ centre green ‘ ( abandoned overgrown wasteland ) .

Were you at the same meeting as me - I don't think so!

• Like 2

Could someone explain fully the rule the reason for Dans exclusion? I heard the referees explanation but I have never come accross this before.

9 hours ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

You must have missed the first race then!

41 minutes ago, Happy Hunter said:

One race doesn,t make a meeting though and I have to agree with fortythirtyeight on this,bends one and two were atrocious and got worse as the meeting wore on,it was only after they did some extensive grading towards the end of the meeting that it actually improved,there was passing mainly only because bend two especially was catching riders out and the amount of dust was not good either,track in my opinion,prepared for the home riders,who on that evidence last night,will go through the remainder of the season unbeaten at home.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Happy Hunter said:

... and the next 6 or 7

2 minutes ago, Moranboys said:

One race doesn,t make a meeting though and I have to agree with fortythirtyeight on this,bends one and two were atrocious and got worse as the meeting wore on,it was only after they did some extensive grading towards the end of the meeting that it actually improved,there was passing mainly only because bend two especially was catching riders out and the amount of dust was not good either,track in my opinion,prepared for the home riders,who on that evidence last night,will go through the remainder of the season unbeaten at home.

The tractor driver nearly fell off his tractor when he went over the starts while grading the track at the interval :lol:

Leicester riders didn't seem to have a problem with the track though, track record in heat 1 proves that and from the back (twice). The track is the same for ALL riders

Edited by iainb

4 minutes ago, iainb said:

The tractor driver nearly fell off his tractor when he went over the starts while grading the track at the interval :lol:

Leicester riders didn't seem to have a problem with the track though, track record in heat 1 proves that and from the back (twice). The track is the same for ALL riders

Well,if you are happy to see hammerings pretty much week in week out then you,ll be a happy bunny,majority of the races sorted after bend two apart from the odd exception.

14 hours ago, 40-38 said:

Getting very dusty now, finally putting some water down! 

Call that watering ?, 1 lap around the outside of the Track that was it, the riders dont even use the outside line that was watered so what was the point?, Track very bumpy in places and overtaking at a premium Leicester were easy winners and apart from Wright Redcar were disappointing.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Moranboys said:

If you look at the Speedway Updates report you will see there are more than one of two passes after bend two on the first lap.

2 minutes ago, Moranboys said:

Well,if you are happy to see hammerings pretty much week in week out then you,ll be a happy bunny,majority of the races sorted after bend two apart from the odd exception.

My preferences are:

1. close match with great racing

2. a hammering with great racing

3. a close match with no racing

4. a hammering with no racing

If you think that anything you see other than a number 1 is crap, then I fear you're going to be disappointed the majority of the time. There were plenty of races that went beyond bend 2, maybe you were just in a bad mood last night :lol:

2 minutes ago, Happy Hunter said:

If you look at the Speedway Updates report you will see there are more than one of two passes after bend two on the first lap.

and even the updates didn't mention half of the racing passes that were made last night.

15 minutes ago, iainb said:

and even the updates didn't mention half of the racing passes that were made last night.

That,s because there wasn,t any..!!

• Haha 1