British Speedway Forum
justathought

Leicester Lions v Redcar Bears 30/4/22

16 minutes ago, Moranboys said:

That,s because there wasn,t any..!!

Ianb is super critical about almost everything! :D

If Ianb says there was plenty of passing then you'd better believe it. And he is correct this time!

Edited by Gambo
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Expected a closer meeting last night, disappointed with Wright and especially Riss, both usually go pretty well at BP.

Howarth having a great season at home, really attacks the track.  

Morris was obviously very quick and (no criticism intended) could probably have knocked more off Bates' track record if he hadn't been pulling wheelies.

1 hour ago, Gambo said:

Ianb is super critical about almost everything! :D

If Ianb says there was plenty of passing then you'd better believe it. And he is correct this time!

Just tell it as i see it Gambo

• Like 1

I saw plenty of passing last night to make it fun. I don't understand this hate towards the Leicester track..it ain't perfect but I saw good racing every week

• Like 1

Been to Beaumont Park 9 times since it opened in 2011. They had a blank canvas, and got it completely wrong. Several attempts at altering the track have failed in my opinion. After our 3 visits there in 2019. Vowed i would never return. The County Ground at Exeter used to get bad reviews. Racing there was far superior than the current Leicester venue. Sadly Beaumont Park is by far the current worst track in UK.

The track has a couple on bumps in the 1st bend, nothing to serious,  but all being well it will be sorted very soon. As for the watering ,  14 bowser were used during the day, that equals around 56 thousand ltrs, it did go dusty late on, more water was going to be put down but the driver was beckoned off the track,

Have to disagree about the passing, I thought there was many good moves made.

I know race times are not the be all and end all, but heat 1 the track record is broken, 14 of the 15 heats were the fastest times of the season so far, also in heat 15 Howarth was close to breaking it again.

50 minutes ago, mikebaker said:

Been to Beaumont Park 9 times since it opened in 2011. They had a blank canvas, and got it completely wrong. Several attempts at altering the track have failed in my opinion. After our 3 visits there in 2019. Vowed i would never return. The County Ground at Exeter used to get bad reviews. Racing there was far superior than the current Leicester venue. Sadly Beaumont Park is by far the current worst track in UK.

That's your opinion. In mine I enjoy the racing and I've been going a long time. 

if Leicester could get rid of the camber on bend 1/2 then it could produce so much more

the 'blank canvas got it wrong' comment is fair though. All anyone had to do is look at BV, Scunny, Redcar, Somerset and do that. 

1 hour ago, BTFC LION said:

The track has a couple on bumps in the 1st bend, nothing to serious,  but all being well it will be sorted very soon. As for the watering ,  14 bowser were used during the day, that equals around 56 thousand ltrs, it did go dusty late on, more water was going to be put down but the driver was beckoned off the track,

Have to disagree about the passing, I thought there was many good moves made.

I know race times are not the be all and end all, but heat 1 the track record is broken, 14 of the 15 heats were the fastest times of the season so far, also in heat 15 Howarth was close to breaking it again.

If that's the case whoever beckoned the bouser off the track had no regard for the comfort of the fans on bends 3 and 4!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Moranboys said:

Rose tinted glasses

yeah... whatever that means

3 hours ago, mikebaker said:

I would agree with absolutely everything you say, but honestly so far this year it's consistently  been far superior to anything I've seen at BP before... could all be crap for the rest of the season of course :lol:

5 hours ago, mikebaker said:

You have clearly been unlucky in the meetings you have chosen to attend at Leicester.

9 meetings in the 11 years since it's reopening is not a great ratio to meetings held there to make a fair assessment.

Admittedly Leicester's track as deserved the negative criticism over the years but the fact of the matter is it now produces some good racing. Even last night with the unexpected battering of Redcar there were some fantastic moves being pulled.

Heat 1 battle between Morris & Wright was sensational and it's to no surprise that the track record came out of it as they pushed each other to the extreme limit.

I'm not a Leicester supporter but go most weeks as it's my local. I follow Poole as a supporter and their track as been appalling over the years even up to last season when a hole appeared from no where. Cracking racing there now, more than ever!