British Speedway Forum
Jaizer

Glasgow Vs Edinburgh 01st May 6pm

On 4/28/2022 at 6:06 PM, Gazc said:

On this occasion Blobby is correct , there getting pumped.

You know me always right. 

1 hour ago, szkocjasid said:

3 possible heat advantages for Edinburgh, heats 13, 15 & a tac sub ride. Apart from that Glasgow would be much stronger than Edinburgh.

Says a lot when you think the best chance is beating Cookie at Ashfield. It happened more often last season but he's looking on good form so far this year.

1 hour ago, szkocjasid said:

3 possible heat advantages for Edinburgh, heats 13, 15 & a tac sub ride. Apart from that Glasgow would be much stronger than Edinburgh.

You'll probably find most monarchs go as well if not better at ashfield than they do at home. It's absolutely no given tomorrow, the Aussies all shown a liking, lasse was very much on the pace using borrowed machinery at gp qualifier. I can't remember castagna, was "unavailable" for Birmingham last season and hook should find it easier to get grips on. Bit of weather around as well could make it bit of a lottery

1 hour ago, Jaizer said:

You'll probably find most monarchs go as well if not better at ashfield than they do at home. It's absolutely no given tomorrow, the Aussies all shown a liking, lasse was very much on the pace using borrowed machinery at gp qualifier. I can't remember castagna, was "unavailable" for Birmingham last season and hook should find it easier to get grips on. Bit of weather around as well could make it bit of a lottery

57 - 33 to the stripes.

1 hour ago, Gazc said:

57 - 33 to the stripes.

If Glasgow don't get 60 then they are going to be disappointed, hope Monarchs up their game and make it competitive. Monarchs TM needs to pull his finger out too after a puzzling performance  more than the riders.

1 hour ago, Gazc said:

57 - 33 to the stripes.

you mean the red cross :t:

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, JanAndersen said:

Will there be a stream?

Glasgow are NOT streaming fixtures this season.

It's been very drizzly all day in Paisley today and there's forecast for occasional rain in Glasgow tomorrow too. 

Anyone more local to the track, with a weather update? 

5 minutes ago, Joseq7 said:

Glasgow are NOT streaming fixtures this season.

Any reason? Not doing it strikes me as one of the few things Glasgow get wrong. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JanAndersen said:

Any reason? Not doing it strikes me as one of the few things Glasgow get wrong. 

All I've seen was it wasn't financially viable. Like you think it's backwards step

11 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

All I've seen was it wasn't financially viable. Like you think it's backwards step

I think that’s often the reason given. Edinburgh appear to be fortunate to have the resource in house to stream. You’d think Glasgow’s fanbase would have someone with skills they could offer the club - even just initially to start up. 

29 minutes ago, JanAndersen said:

I think that’s often the reason given. Edinburgh appear to be fortunate to have the resource in house to stream. You’d think Glasgow’s fanbase would have someone with skills they could offer the club - even just initially to start up. 

Our friends in the East appear to have got a march on us in at least a couple of areas recently: streaming and investment in local youth. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Jaizer said:

The Monarchs will be all out to make up for Friday and will come out fighting. The only given i can see is that the fourth bend will be pretty quiet today regardless!

Edited by MD