British Speedway Forum
Arch Stanton

Ipswich v Lynn 28/4 LC

11 hours ago, Col said:

Yep Kliindt for Heeps doesn't fit.. Tungate?

Think most Ipswich fans would rather keep Heeps than have Tungate return !!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Bash said:

Ipswich should've got a result in heat 15 last night, but with Doyle not a team rider he totally stopped Danny's run around the outside in turn 1. If he wanted to be out wide he should've started from gate 4 but he came from the inside to totally block Danny. The trouble is both Doyle & King are not team riders.

Couldn't believe Doyle's reaction to hitting the tapes either, giving the ref "the bird" when it is only his fault for hitting the tapes.  

This is the problem with such a strong No1. If I was an opposition manager the jobs simple. I'd ask my riders to not focus on Doyle, just don't come last. The rest of the team is so weak that's where I'd be looking for the heat advantages. 

Doyle could do 18pt max's every meeting & Ipswich will still lose

10 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

Maybe he likes a well prepped track lol... Mind u Wolves will be a shock to him i think.

Not really monmore very similar to Edinburgh 

With Pickering & Lawson not reaching their usual high standards  last night I thought the two teams were very level and only a mistake by Doyle let Lynn hold on for the victory - yet the Ippo fans are tearing apart the team and we're riding high at the top of the group. 

Will be interesting to see how both teams go against the 'northern' teams 

20 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

This is the problem with such a strong No1. If I was an opposition manager the jobs simple. I'd ask my riders to not focus on Doyle, just don't come last. The rest of the team is so weak that's where I'd be looking for the heat advantages. 

Doyle could do 18pt max's every meeting & Ipswich will still lose

Steady on, that wasn’t Ipswich’ proper team was it? You were at full strength. Ipswich proper 1-7 last night they’d have won, and you’d have lost so not sure your last point rings true. 

Interesting comments on Doyle  I've never been a fan particularly but I thought as a GP rider and former World Champ he was a poor ambassador for speedway on Mobday night, he didn't do one lap of honour from what I saw, nipping back to the pits across the centre concrete every time and not even shaking Pickering's hand after their tremendous heat 9 battle. 

Heard a rumour too that we nearly ended up with him and Kasper rather than Pickering and Worrall this year, thank goodness for that. 

• Like 1

He just isn't a team player, being the more experienced rider he should be taking the worse of the two gates, but it like in the SON he always gave Fricke the worse gate.

27 minutes ago, Bash said:

He just isn't a team player, being the more experienced rider he should be taking the worse of the two gates, but it like in the SON he always gave Fricke the worse gate.

The only gate choice in league racing is Heat 15, and riders such as King and Batchelor are experienced enough to deal with whatever gate they agree with Doyle. The main thing is for them to have a plan for likely first bend scenarios.

Half decent meeting by the way. Bit more of an outside line that worked this week unlike the first meeting against Peterborough. Better crowd than I was expecting too for a dead rubber. 

I thought Louis was pretty honest in his programme notes about the results so far and to quote Danny King's words was also a reflection of their frustration.  Confidence/mental strength is so key in all sports and what separates champions on that day from the rest. Nobody will be more disappointed with their performances than the riders themselves and kicking them won't always help.  The league starts at Foxhall next week with a really strong looking Belle Vue outfit (should Zagar be in their team and not Allen) and it must be a frightening prospect for the Witches. 

Personally I think we beat Belle Vue easily,, even with our normal 1 to 7,,,,Fricke is pony at Foxhall,,, Zagar will be worse than pony,,, and ya never know with Kurtz,,, normally pony but last time was okay,,, Wright is also another one,, has done okay on occasions,,, but not always,,,, but obviously their top 2 being really pony will see us win. The crowd are gonna love it,, the management will then be giving it the big one,, then the home meeting after that we will lose as they are less pony at Foxhall 

• Haha 2

So Hume has just beaten Pickering at Edinburgh, might have got a draw or even a win if he did it last night! ;)

4 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

So Hume has just beaten Pickering at Edinburgh, might have got a draw or even a win if he did it last night! ;)

Maybe he would have if they had been in the same heat.... B)

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

Maybe he would have if they had been in the same heat.... B)

Ah there you go then, shoulda done a reserve change! :D

7 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Ah there you go then, shoulda done a reserve change! :D

Only one person to blame for that.....B)

• Haha 1