Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Arch Stanton

Ipswich v Lynn 28/4 LC

Surely we could just put Doyle and Riss in heat 8 anyway,, as I've read on other threads its about entertainment and getting punters in,, so why not just put the best 2 riders from each team in every race :P

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Surely we could just put Doyle and Riss in heat 8 anyway,, as I've read on other threads its about entertainment and getting punters in,, so why not just put the best 2 riders from each team in every race :P

See, now you are getting it.... :D

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, tellboy said:

A decent team manager would just replace him with the other reserve wouldn't they?Don't have to faff about to get him excluded just pull him and get the reserve in.

Depends on how the protected heat 8 works, there are two ideas in this thread alone lol . Again something that should be crystal clear is a British speedway shade of grey

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, cowboy cookie returns? said:

Depends on how the protected heat 8 works, there are two ideas in this thread alone lol . Again something that should be crystal clear is a British speedway shade of grey

As someone has said and i believe is that the no7/RS that is protected.Plus i am sure you are not allowed a tactical in that race.

edit:just had a quick look at the regs.

Taken from the 2022 SCB speedway regulations

In all Premiership Team competitions the #7 is protected in heats 2 and 8 and no replacements are permitted unless injured and confirmed in writing by the MO

012.4.4 Tactical Substitute (TS) Is not applicable in a 2 legged tie a) is permitted on only one occasion in heat 5 – 14, excluding heat 8, when a team is 6 or more points in arrears

Plus i didn't know that if the R/S attains a high enough average he would ride in the 1-5 and the then lowest average rider will ride at 7.

Edited by tellboy

29 minutes ago, tellboy said:

As someone has said and i believe is that the no7/RS that is protected.Plus i am sure you are not allowed a tactical in that race.

edit:just had a quick look at the regs.

Taken from the 2022 SCB speedway regulations

In all Premiership Team competitions the #7 is protected in heats 2 and 8 and no replacements are permitted unless injured and confirmed in writing by the MO

012.4.4 Tactical Substitute (TS) Is not applicable in a 2 legged tie a) is permitted on only one occasion in heat 5 – 14, excluding heat 8, when a team is 6 or more points in arrears

Plus i didn't know that if the R/S attains a high enough average he would ride in the 1-5 and the then lowest average rider will ride at 7.

More questions than answers

Regulations are a basket case.....

35 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

More questions than answers

Regulations are a basket case.....

Thought those ones were quite clear,especially when you compare them against some of the other rules.

7 hours ago, tellboy said:

Didn't think a T/S was allowed in ht 8 anyway.

You are of course correct, under "012.4.4 Tactical Substitute (TS)" in the Regs.

On 5/1/2022 at 5:41 PM, tellboy said:

Didn't think a T/S was allowed in ht 8 anyway.

i HAVE GIVEN UP ON THE RULES JUST CAN'T GET MY HEAD ROUND THEM ANYMORE .

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

When you look at that still it’s incredible how much the track has changed and how much wider it is. This clip from the early 90’s for comparison, night and day!

Edited by Steve Irving

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

I know the action hasn't been brilliant so far this season,,, but a pass on a reserve,,, hardly top notch 

1 minute ago, Baldyman said:

I know the action hasn't been brilliant so far this season,,, but a pass on a reserve,,, hardly top notch 

Track was definitely an improvement though Baldy. Nearly impossible to be any worse from the Peterborough meeting! That outside run wouldn’t have worked in the first meeting. Also thought the young lad was really impressive. 

Just now, Arch Stanton said:

Track was definitely an improvement though Baldy. Nearly impossible to be any worse from the Peterborough meeting! That outside run wouldn’t have worked in the first meeting. Also thought the young lad was really impressive. 

The track is always better when it's had a good watering,, you could see the difference in colour between the two meetings.  Having mentioned water,,, I'm sure if they watered during a meeting,, the action would be even better,, but for some reason,, they don't water. 

• Like 1