British Speedway Forum
lbw

Plymouth vs Poole (League) 3rd May

I personally would be disappointed to lose to Plymouth reserves but i'm the one that's confused apparently.

49 minutes ago, Trackrat said:

I personally would be disappointed to lose to Plymouth reserves but i'm the one that's confused apparently.

Plymouth had a very good top 5, so know discrace to lose round there, not many teams will come away from there with much this season 

• Like 1

Well done to Plymouth - much better on the night. No complaints. Onwards and upwards.

2 hours ago, lewy said:

Well done to everyone that contributed to the collection for dan gilkes, £1243.64 raised. :t:

Well done to all the fans raising such a good amount. As for the meeting I hoped the Gladiators might just sneak a win certainly didn’t expect the margin of victory against a very good Poole team. 

• Like 1

Bit of action from last night which I'm sure will please the Gladiators fans :t:

• Thanks 2

Thank you for posting that turnip proves your not a sore loser like some fans of some clubs thank you very much.

21 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Just got in and wish I had stayed at home and watched the stream instead. 

Pirates were on a 5-1 in heat 1 when Zac lost a chain and from then on it was a hard night at the office. Plymouth ran off several 4-2’s, only for Pirates to reply with three of their own to level at 21-21. But then the tractors came out and removed all the dirt from the track and piled it up on the center green on the back straight. It made the meeting into first out of the second bend and although Pirates occasionally gated, very poor decisions coming out of the second bend allowed the Plymouth riders through and the races were over by the third bend. Unless you were Chris Harris who put in his usual shift against Poole and was outstanding, blasting inside and outside and unstoppable. Only he could do this.

Poor decision making and not being hard enough made the meeting a bore (unless Harris was in a heat) as it was follow the leader. But take nothing away from the Plymouth team who knew where to put their bikes coming off the second bend to win tonight easily. 

I doubt any team will win at Plymouth for the remainder of this season. You know it’s a track with plenty of home advantage when you see riders like Bowtell beat top championship riders like Steve Worrall with ease. (No disrespect aimed at Bowtell) 

A fair result, no qualms about it. In the scheme of things it means little as neither Leicester or Glasgow will get anything there either. Well done to Plymouth. Nice to have a chat with Lewi before the meeting. 

Leicester have already lost there 60 - 30. 

2 hours ago, Turnip said:

Bit of action from last night which I'm sure will please the Gladiators fans :t:

A perfect Bomber track...

Horsepower not a major determinant, and just enough dirt outside on an otherwise slick track for him to exploit like so few can...

Wolverhampton could do worse than see how Plymouth get their outside line working...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mikebv said:

A perfect Bomber track...

Horsepower not a major determinant, and just enough dirt outside on an otherwise slick track for him to exploit like so few can...

Wolverhampton could do worse than see how Plymouth get their outside line working...

Funny , line up said Ben Cook, it was his bike, but race result gave Zach Cook. :nono:

C'mon, who as dropped one? :blink:

Crikey me, will someone please open the forum windows! 

Jeez, will av to get the union in on this! 

:lol:

Bomber does what Bomber does.

Pirates all at sea in that one! :o

Edited by Turnip

It's clear to see that Plymouth is a much better race track than some would have you believe.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

It's clear to see that Plymouth is a much better race track than some would have you believe.

It really isn’t good at all, unless you are Bomber. Racing was off second bend lap one, unless you were Bomber. There was a pass by Ben Cook off bend 4 lap 2 in one heat and if memory serves me, another pass after lap one. It is not a better track than some let you believe. But I guess it’s better than nothing. Too small, too tight and lots of follow the leader after bend two. The home riders know this, that’s why they are so frantic to get through immediately.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

2 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Its improved in the last few years, put it that way.