British Speedway Forum
StevePark

Newcastle vs Berwick SGB Championship 1 May 4pm

Another example of why there should be two ambulances at every meeting. A policy employed by Redcar this season.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Bellers101 said:

Another example of why there should be two ambulances at every meeting. A policy employed by Redcar this season.

At evening meetings yes, not so critical in day meetings where there is more time. 

3 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

At evening meetings yes, not so critical in day meetings where there is more time. 

Don't know the best way to get round the issue I'm sitting here now bored to tears  then got a 2 hour drive back to west Cumbria, by the time the meeting starts then 80 minutes to finish cud have been halfway home if no delays :angry:

• Like 2

don't want to start a row but why can't some riders go to hospital in a car? if its not critical or anything

Edited by ch958
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

I blame Berwick !!!! They are always involved.  
seriously when will these promotions learn.  Hope Ty is ok 

I think you mean that Berwick are single handily highlighting the inefficiencies of other tracks to bring up to the standard of their own.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ch958 said:

don't want to start a row but why can't some riders go to hospital in a car? if its not critical or anything

I think the health of a injured rider is more important than the inconvenience of the crowd. 
the rider could suffer a heart attack or a fit so need to be in a ambulance in case of a worst case scenario. 

1 minute ago, screm said:

I think you mean that Berwick are single handily highlighting the inefficiencies of other tracks to bring up to the standard of their own.  

Berwick are the blueprint of how to run a speedway on a budget very successfully   

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, ch958 said:

big delay, 45/60 minutes according to updates

Might take that long to get to hospital and back BUT if there is a 4 hour delay to get in to A+E the Ambulance can't just leave the patient in the Car Park on a trolley. 

I have known riders being ferried in cars but any sort of head or breathing injury or bad break the paramedics won't allow it. 

36 minutes ago, ch958 said:

big delay, 45/60 minutes according to updates

That’s assuming A and E can take him in at once. You hear of patients waiting for hours at some hospitals with ambulances queued up outside

10 minutes ago, ch958 said:

Because it depends on their injury and immediate treatment , wether a medic needs to be in attendance as if they have administered morphine the paramedic has to be with him at all times to do the handover. Many riders have made their own way to hospitals during a meeting but with relatively minor or non life threatening injuries.

12 minutes ago, ch958 said:

They used to regularly years ago.

3 minutes ago, Bellers101 said:

They used to regularly years ago.

and years ago we didn’t have paramedics and ambulances in attendance, it was St.Johns volunteers …..times have moved on thankfully.