British Speedway Forum
StevePark

Newcastle vs Berwick SGB Championship 1 May 4pm

27 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Think we had this conversation last week, as Richie wasn't allowed to guest,,, but really who knows the rules?,,, for me Richie (if allowed) or Howarth. Both put in good guest performances. ;)

Richie's average too high now (as of 1st May)

Was there a problem in the pits straight after last race as ref had to go down 

Just now, andys said:

Was there a problem in the pits straight after last race as ref had to go down 

I asked earlier… was told it was to do with Starke’s silencer! I imagine though as it seems issues went in after the race that not a jot will be done even if there was something! 

4 minutes ago, StevePark said:

Yeah, a know. 

3 hours ago, Stuntdouble said:

Made the trip down last night.as a Berwick fan I thought credit due to the lads that finished the meeting and got the bonus point. The ambulance scenario is something that has reared its head earlier in the season so still lessons to be learned there . I found it strange that the 90 or so minutes interval awaiting it’s return should have proved the time to be sorting out the ruts or bumps on the 3rd and 4 th bend not until after George nearly totalled Kyle in the re run. It would have been a good night at the turnstiles as from we were standing there were as many Berwick fans in the stand as there were Newcastle. The burger van ladies worked the socks off. And mighty fine food it was too. I thought it was worth the Akkers. If Ty is out fir a few weeks I would be asking Complin to guest at home meets. End of the day it gets dark so on to the next one 

Complin is on an assessed average so, as I am aware, can't guest for anyone until he achieves a proper greensheet average.

44 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

and it seems some of them have been questioning Little Bradley Bears and George's injuries!!!,,, am sure a medic signed them off. ;)

I’m sure they did,I look forward to BWD return to the Diamonds and upping his average.!!

4 minutes ago, leander said:

Complin is on an assessed average so, as I am aware, can't guest for anyone until he achieves a proper greensheet average.

Having an assessed average doesn’t prevent a rider taking guest bookings.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stuntdouble said:

Correct . I went home reasonably happy. I’m sure the promotion at Newcastle would have been rubbing their hands with the amount of Berwick fans swelling the crowd and the burger van. Overall a tight meeting and the winners take the spoils. Can’t run without a crowd bringing in the money. 

burgers were good cuz chilli sauce a bit potent hahaha

2 hours ago, Normski said:

Whinging ? We got a point with 5 riders at a track where we normally come away empty-handed

A point at the single worst track in history, with overpriced burgers, dodgy injuries and a shocking crowd, no less. Or so they say.

10 minutes ago, JCookie said:

A point at the single worst track in history, with overpriced burgers, dodgy injuries and a shocking crowd, no less. Or so they say.

They had to cancel the junior match as I believe senior riders advised the youngsters that they considered the track unfit.The ref must have agreed.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

They had to cancel the junior match as I believe senior riders advised the youngsters that they considered the track unfit.The ref must have agreed.

Aye… but what do they know… we’re all just whinging Fannies! 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Bandits4eva said:

Aye… but what do they know… we’re all just whinging Fannies! 

OOOH I SAY LOL

41 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Presumably Berwick +/- the ref could put in an official complaint/report to BSPA about the track etc to be totally ignored by the powers that be.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, StevePark said:

Far better than a certain EX GP rider did for us.. 

• Haha 1

Just like to congratulate both teams for providing an interesting match last night. It will certainly stick in the memory for all sorts of reasons.

Also thank you to the young man who fixed the airfence as  he had a big problem fixing the connectors to the panels.

• Like 1