Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
StevePark

Newcastle vs Berwick SGB Championship 1 May 4pm

4 hours ago, Fromafar said:

I’m sure they did,I look forward to BWD return to the Diamonds and upping his average.!!

BWD is nothing but a joke

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Bandits4eva said:

I asked earlier… was told it was to do with Starke’s silencer! I imagine though as it seems issues went in after the race that not a jot will be done even if there was something! 

Silencer was ok as the ref & machine examiner's had a look at & it all got a bit handbags at 50 paces ha when Gary flint ran to the phone but accidentally bumped into my mate & there was a few voices raised but that was about it

1 minute ago, Robinh88 said:

Looked to me like Bomber won Heat 15 clearly. 

You ever been to Specsavers !!

• Haha 1

Track can’t have been that bad as Wells and Harris scored double the points they did when guesting for the Diamonds. Had they scored those points then, the Diamonds would likely have two more home wins.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Justgotmecpc said:

I don't have great eyesight to be honest.

2 hours ago, Justgotmecpc said:

Far better than a certain EX GP rider did for us.. 

3 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

Track can’t have been that bad as Wells and Harris scored double the points they did when guesting for the Diamonds. Had they scored those points then, the Diamonds would likely have two more home wins.

Aye, certainly looked like the 2 guys were on 'payed for points' yesterday,,, unless they had just been getting they're eye in on tha previous visits? ;)

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Justgotmecpc said:

Silencer was ok as the ref & machine examiner's had a look at & it all got a bit handbags at 50 paces ha when Gary flint ran to the phone but accidentally bumped into my mate & there was a few voices raised but that was about it

Heard there was a crack but they couldn’t tell if it was done before the race or during… 

There did seem to be a hoo-ha… tell your mate to settle doon and keep out the way next time :wink:

19 minutes ago, Justgotmecpc said:

I wear glasses.. was stood in line with the start gate and thought he got it too! Maybe time for a new prescription! 

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Robinh88 said:

Looked to me like Bomber won Heat 15 clearly. 

16 minutes ago, Robinh88 said:

I don't have great eyesight to be honest.

A haven't got great eyesight either, and TBH a was surprised that Harris didn't get the verdict over Starke. But feel it's a shame that after good ground-out result from the Diamonds, who obviously need it, the thread has be tarnished by some fans whinging about just about everything!!! ;)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bandits4eva said:

I wear glasses.. was stood in line with the start gate and thought he got it too! Maybe time for a new prescription! 

I'll be along side you on the Q lol

4 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

A haven't got great eyesight either, and TBH a was surprised that Harris didn't get the verdict over Starke. But feel it's a shame that after good ground-out result from the Diamonds, who obviously need it, the thread has be tarnished by some fans whinging about just about everything!!! ;)

I'm not moaning, thought it was a really good race.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Bandits4eva said:

Heard there was a crack but they couldn’t tell if it was done before the race or during… 

There did seem to be a hoo-ha… tell your mate to settle doon and keep out the way next time :wink:

Just think flinty senior got a bit excited when he ran as that's the fastest he's ever moved at brough even when he used to ride the place lol

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Bandits4eva said:

Cutting the drink out might be a good place to start? ;)

The silencer was ruled illegal when examined after the race, so the complaint was valid. However although the referee agreed it was illegal when he visited the pits, it couldnt be proved the damage occurred before or during the race, so no case could be answered.  Even if it had been thrown out, Berwick would still lose 45-44, so no point in taking it further

• Thanks 2