British Speedway Forum
Paulco

Edinburgh v Glasgow CL 29/4/22 @19-30

10 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

I think it was how to was done and lack of communication rather than the average! lol. Laswon's average is about to be 9.16 so guess we are winning that battle atm :t:

Lawson was never going to ride for us again so from our perspective it made sense to move him on.

In return we got a top young rider in Basso as an asset.

win win.

Score flattered us as we were absolutely awful. Gating being the main issue, constantly behind going into the first corner race after race. 

Don’t think I’ll ever see a home meeting again were masters and Pickering pick up 2 wins between them. 

Anyway well done to the tiggers on taking full advantage.

• Like 1

Anyway back to last night's slaughter in the sunshine . It was as impressive performance as I've seen from the Tigers at Armadale , solid from 1 to 7 . The highlight being Danyon's win over Masters . 

Praise to the track too , it was as good and fair as I've seen it there   

51-39 is normally quite a comprehensive away win , and it was , though it does actually flatter the Monarchs as they got the majority of their race wins once the meeting was over as a contest . None more so than Kye Thomsen's heat 14 win . He was well off the pace all night before popping out to win that race easily . 

Edinburgh's choice of waiting till heat 11 before putting a t/s in against Cook was quite baffling .

But all in all it was a brilliant night for us on the third bend 

• Like 2

Is there a delay with putting the stream on catch up? Trying to relive it this morning :D

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Is there a delay with putting the stream on catch up? Trying to relive it this morning :D

Me too

Maybe it's been erased 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

21 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Yes, usually a delay but should be available today sometime. Not that I'll be watching it!

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Paulco said:

Maybe it's been erased 

"We forgot to hit record" :rofl:

Easy win for the Weegies, ominously good team full of improvers who will likely sweep all the trophies this year. Probably the best team since the Monarchs 2014 team in this league. Still i don't think it's all doom n gloom for the Monarchs, still the basis of a competitive team here to get a top 4 place. Too many of the fans on social media losing their chill after 1 defeat Jeez.

This Tigers team gonna unleash a few cans o' whoop ass at some tracks this year and 60pts will be the benchmark for Ashfield.

Finally stream available... Must've missed it first viewing but what was Pickering's issue in heat 13? 

Edited by Jaizer

1 hour ago, Dekker said:

Easy win for the Weegies, ominously good team full of improvers who will likely sweep all the trophies this year. Probably the best team since the Monarchs 2014 team in this league. Still i don't think it's all doom n gloom for the Monarchs, still the basis of a competitive team here to get a top 4 place. Too many of the fans on social media losing their chill after 1 defeat Jeez.

This Tigers team gonna unleash a few cans o' whoop ass at some tracks this year and 60pts will be the benchmark for Ashfield.

I hope you are right but I just don't see anyone bettering pugwash over two legs.

3 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I hope you are right but I just don't see anyone bettering pugwash over two legs.

Less of the name calling thank you! :nono:;) Think you'll find Glasgow good chance of winning at Poole after stealing two riders of our title winning team :o:P

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Of the Poole team only Richard Lawson really has any consistent form around ashfield. Worral and king are up and down. Famous last words :rofl:

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Of the Poole team only Richard Lawson really has any consistent form around ashfield. Worral and king are up and down. Famous last words :rofl:

Exactly, famous last words. If we go through the season injury free and other teams don't strengthen up we can then think about the playoffs but for now great result but let's see what Sunday brings. 

2 hours ago, Jaizer said:

Finally stream available... Must've missed it first viewing but what was Pickering's issue in heat 13? 

I think he thought Cook was a little hard and caused him to go down. Nothing in it though and I think Josh was just frustrated at how the evening had gone tbh. 

• Like 2