British Speedway Forum
noaksey

Wolves v Lynn 2/5

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Just want the Poole boys to get through safely. So dodgy riding this.

U ok?

Best racing I've seen at Wolves for a while tbh! 

9 minutes ago, iainb said:

Pretty sure Brady said Puk was feeling under the weather

He did .....

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

I’ve seen some really good meetings here over the years to be honest. Granted, this isn’t one of them but Monmore is no better or worse than 90% of the tracks in the UK with a mixture of poor meetings, mostly mediocre and a sprinkling of excellent ones. There are a very few select tracks that produce excellent meetings more often than not and we all know which ones they are. 

My goodness, the voice of reason. Wolves biggest loss has been Doc Bridgett. When he was doing the preparation Wolves consistently won track of the year awards, you could ride anywhere on the track and the racing was superb. It was praised by virtually all riders.So the logical conclusion is that there nothing particularly wrong with the shape, but the preparation needs to be spot on, and maybe that is what we haven't got at the moment.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

I bet Eurosport glad they picked this meeting rather than the BV one! :blink::)

I bet their not now!

Another point about track prep. It used to be the case (and I sure someone will put me right, if it is no longer the case) that Wolves could work on the track on Sundays and perhaps Monday morning. There would be a greyhound meeting on the Monday afternoon meaning no access to the track until 6:00 pm. If there had been a change in weather conditions there would be very little time to do anything about it. Wolves do not have the luxury of permanent access to the track that others do. A point to bear in mind ?

14 minutes ago, Beowulf said:

My goodness, the voice of reason. Wolves biggest loss has been Doc Bridgett. When he was doing the preparation Wolves consistently won track of the year awards, you could ride anywhere on the track and the racing was superb. It was praised by virtually all riders.So the logical conclusion is that there nothing particularly wrong with the shape, but the preparation needs to be spot on, and maybe that is what we haven't got at the moment.

No it wasn't.  Even when you had riders like Ermolenko and Correy there it produced boring racing.  It's an embarrassment to British Speedway that tracks like that are still being allowed to stage the sport.

Never been so thankful for the fast forward button, really terrible meeting, Kelvin said twice a good nights speedway, thats really selling the sport to any newbie tuning in, if they think thats a good night they certainly wont be in a hurry to pay a visit.

1 minute ago, bellevueace said:

Never been so thankful for the fast forward button, really terrible meeting, Kelvin said twice a good nights speedway, thats really selling the sport to any newbie tuning in, if they think thats a good night they certainly wont be in a hurry to pay a visit.

In the 'days of yore'...

When the inside went slick at Wolves the outside (mid track to fence) used to become fairly deep which allowed those riders with the most ability to hit the bends hard and use the dirt to propel themselves around opponents taking the easier, smoother ride around the inside..

Now the inside stays the line to ride for virtually all of the meeting, even though it looks slick, whilst riding the outside just loses you yards if you go out there..

Used to be quite a decent track even if somewhat "different" to the bigger, faster more rounded circuits, which seem to be more suited to the modern machinery, and riding styles of todays riders..

Still, Wolves won so their fans will be happy...

3/10 for overall entertainment though I would say...

19 minutes ago, R87 said:

No it wasn't.  Even when you had riders like Ermolenko and Correy there it produced boring racing.  It's an embarrassment to British Speedway that tracks like that are still being allowed to stage the sport.

Your not  a speedway fan then if you want tracks to close. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, mikebv said:

In the 'days of yore'...

When the inside went slick at Wolves the outside (mid track to fence) used to become fairly deep which allowed those riders with the most ability to hit the bends hard and use the dirt to propel themselves around opponents taking the easier, smoother ride around the inside..

Now the inside stays the line to ride for virtually all of the meeting, even though it looks slick, whilst riding the outside just loses you yards if you go out there..

Used to be quite a decent track even if somewhat "different" to the bigger, faster more rounded circuits, which seem to be more suited to the modern machinery, and riding styles of todays riders..

Still, Wolves won so their fans will be happy...

3/10 for overall entertainment though I would say...

Yes ive seen really good meetings over the years at Monmore.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Iversen in for final pay days. Doesn’t offer value for money. Do better trying to get Bjarne out of retirement.

He has been ok before that

43 minutes ago, R87 said:

Now it is clear you know nothing. Okay Ronnie was a gater. But Sam Ermolenko produced breaktaking, unbelievable speedway, almost indescribable. Were you there every week ? My guess is no.

• Like 1

Stars fell apart tonight. Richard is way off, and Josh tonight?? NKI ??

Edited by Bald Bloke

The karlsson corridor is almost there every time surely the away riders must try and utilise it..it’s not as if they don’t know about it surely