British Speedway Forum
noaksey

Wolves v Lynn 2/5

32 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Stars fell apart tonight. Richard is way off, and Josh tonight?? NKI ??

When NKI rode for Wolves we finished bottom of the table ! We also had Freddie Lindgren, so it was neither of their's fault. I enjoyed watching NKI every week, great style. He only rode 1 season for us, but I still have have a soft spot for him. Disappointing to see him score like that tonight.

3 minutes ago, Beowulf said:

When NKI rode for Wolves we finished bottom of the table ! We also had Freddie Lindgren, so it was neither of their's fault. I enjoyed watching NKI every week, great style. He only rode 1 season for us, but I still have have a soft spot for him. Disappointing to see him score like that tonight.

And still the track record holder. So good you wonder whether the timekeeper got it wrong.

3 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Just want the Poole boys to get through safely. So dodgy riding this.

I'm having a bit of a memory loss . Could you remind me which years that  Poole won track of the year ?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Beowulf said:

He is far better than that, still

Wolverhampton is the type of track that time has left behind.

Just look at the those highlights from Belle Vue to see the difference between a proper speedway track and Wolverhampton.

Given the apparently and reasonably strong fan base at Wolves, they should be looking for an alternative venue in the area because that track just doesn't fit in with modern European speedway.

• Like 3

Get the feeling Iversen won’t be at KL Thursday, but he’ll be back

2 hours ago, stevehone said:

Get the feeling Iversen won’t be at KL Thursday, but he’ll be back

Unless he’s dropped a league or Polish rules have changed either is a possibility (let’s hope one or the other is the case )can’t see how he can be back . 

6 hours ago, Shrimmy said:

The karlsson corridor is almost there every time surely the away riders must try and utilise it..it’s not as if they don’t know about it surely 

Not much of a secret is it? :D

However..

That it exists means the racing will never be much cop....

Towards the end of the meeting, riders in front should have to ride mid track to keep up momentum, meaning the riders behind have options to pass...

Instead it is "get in front and ride the white line", keeping as close to it as you can, even in Ht 15...

Safe in the knowledge that the rider turning himself in and out behind you to try and find drive on the outside, will actually lose ground to you, and even risk losing that place as he is vulnerable to a pass underneath..

Therefore the rider behind might as well just "follow the leader" on the white line and hope that when the leader locks up to scrub most of his speed off, as you do at Monmore, that he hits some extra drive and goes towards the fence, giving the lad behind a free pass...

Hopefully Eurosport will give it a swerve now for a few months...

6 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

Stars fell apart tonight. Richard is way off, and Josh tonight?? NKI ??

Knee, ill, ill apparently. To have a chance of getting anything at Wolves you need everyone to be 100% and it appears we were nowhere near that unfortunately. 

Well done to TJ who gets stick for his away form. Lord knows what team we might have out on Thursday :blink:

Thought the whole presentation was pretty poor in comparison to the weekends GP. Could tell it was done on a budget that's for sure. 

Pretty average meeting sadly 

The problem with Wolverhampton and other small tracks is that you don't get any real sense of speed - it looks slow and therefore frankly, not very thrilling.

At places such as Belle Vue even when races are strung out there is a sense of exhilaration because the action is so fast.

Re the presentation, I hope Kelvin will follow the example of his late and beloved partner and display some honesty about the quality of the meeting because Nigel Pearson would almost certainly have made some reference to the fact that last night's meeting wasn't the best one we've seen.

• Like 2

Watching this with a newbie who has come to the Lynn matches at home and away to Peterborough.He couldn't believe his eyes at the poor meeting last night i hope this doesn't put him off because he has really enjoyed the speedway he has watched so far by actually going.

Ermolenko is poor,he gets quite a few things wrong.The first thing i picked up on was he said the Lynn and Wolves track are similar in which they both have tight bends:blink:

2 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Knee, ill, ill apparently. To have a chance of getting anything at Wolves you need everyone to be 100% and it appears we were nowhere near that unfortunately. 

Well done to TJ who gets stick for his away form. Lord knows what team we might have out on Thursday :blink:

Seems Richard still down to ride at Plymouth tonight. Guess he is going to ride through his injury. 

First TV meeting of the season and not a great one to start off with. I thought they would start with Peterborough as defending champs. 

For the presentation Kiri was good at the top of the show. Kelv was still understandably emotional at the start talking about Nige and will no doubt be feeling it for a while as they were very close friends. Kelv did a good job under the circumstances and Jason was good on the same lines of Louis. Not sure if Jason will carry on for the rest of the season or if they will have a guest co-host with Kelv from week to week?

Not sure why Sam was there, never really been a fan of him behind the mic and just rambling on and not giving much of an opinion. Dave Rowe would be a good addition but like said stick a camera on him and he does get a little shaky but he is a good stats man and knows his stuff.