British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
topaz325

Belle Vue Aces v Peterborough Panthers 02/05/2022 12pm.

28 minutes ago, TINYS said:

I think the only certainty here is that Harris will get an E.F.

A double certainty as it turned out.

• Like 2

A shame Belle Vue didn't do this when it mattered.

The Panthers experience will come into play during the pressure meetings in the play-offs.

Edited by BassoRacingFan
  • Haha 4

59 minutes ago, CB252 said:

Anyone know when the transfer window opens?

Last week

That is the most one-sided meeting I can remember.

10 minutes ago, Col said:

That is the most one-sided meeting I can remember.

Utterly dreadful wasn't it? Good ride by Kurtz in heat 15 aside.

16 minutes ago, BassoRacingFan said:

A shame Belle Vue didn't do this when it mattered.

The Panthers experience will come into play during the pressure meetings in the play-offs.

Have to qualify for it first!! 

Captain Mainwaring...

Corporal Jones...

Private Pike...

Your boys took a hell of a beating..

A hell of a beating...:D

Seriously, that was pretty embarrassing...

Completing four yards never mind four laps was beyond some...

Maybe some riders ride too many ad hoc meetings for all and sundry and should concentrate their efforts on getting their machinery right for the club that pay their main income..?

Anyway, considering it was a massacre there was still plenty of decent racing, (when the Aces didn't gate)...

Kurtz will definitely benefit from Zagar being there for me, as it takes major pressure off him...

And his determination in Ht15 to get his max was "Poland Ht 15" level of will to win when the match is pretty much over..

And having Zagar and Wright at 3 and 4 will be an improvement on having the Worralls there in those "clutch races" in the 2nd half of the meeting where they partner reserves...

Zagar was a class act as you would expect and prior to Ht13 he was stood with Fricke and Kurtz whilst they waited for the replacement for non starting Bomber and my lad said that there wouldnt by many better "1, 3 and 5's" in the league. Not wrong I would suggest...

Having such top end firepower will take the pressure off the engine room, which in turn,  then takes pressure off the reserves..

Crowd was pretty decent too..

A couple of thousand maybe? 

Which was needed given the wage bill I would think!!:D

• Like 1

Really enjoyed that. Belle Vue were certainly 'on it' today and were fired up from the off. The return of Zagar has given the club and crowd a real lift and he didn't disappoint - a real showman.

For the Panthers, there were two or three that are starting to ride like their age I'm afraid.  Comes to us all. Maybe a season too far for Harris, Nicholls and Andersen?

Edited by Garry1603
  • Like 1

Harris aside from today has started the season well.  I am worried about Nicholls, Andersen and Palin though. 

This really does show the magnitude of the achievement last season.

Edited by Flappy

Ouch

Pathetic performance..one race win!?..the warning signs were there against Lynn at home but now it's worrying for the season ahead...did they even try?

Panthers certainly had an off day, today, including several mechanical failures but the Aces were very impressive and a promising season surely lies ahead.

23 minutes ago, Flappy said:

Harris aside from today has started the season well.  I am worried about Nicholls, Andersen and Palin though. 

This really does show the magnitude of the achievement last season.

Nicholls is slow engines he’s still trying to mix it up so once he sorted engines out can’t see him being a problem palins just not very good as for Andersen if I put what I thought I’d be hung