British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
topaz325

Belle Vue Aces v Peterborough Panthers 02/05/2022 12pm.

What a day that was. That was the best team Performance I’ve seen in a long time. It’s actually the biggest aces score in the NSS history (not including colts)

sometimes it’s easy to say it was because Peterborough were so poor but I honestly think it was just that belle Vue we’re so good. The gating. The passing. The speed. The atmosphere. The team did everything right. 

I’ve not felt a crowd like that in a long time. Before during and after there was a real buzz. 

special mention to Brady on his first aces max and what a way to achieve it. Brilliant pass of MPT

• Like 3

1 minute ago, hans fan said:

Nicholls is slow engines he’s still trying to mix it up so once he sorted engines out can’t see him being a problem palins just not very good as for Andersen if I put what I thought I’d be hung

Which is ironic given your forum name ;):P

2 minutes ago, hans fan said:

Nicholls is slow engines he’s still trying to mix it up so once he sorted engines out can’t see him being a problem palins just not very good as for Andersen if I put what I thought I’d be hung

Nichols blew 2 engines today unfortunately for him. 
palin and Hans looked way off the pace 

Expensive day for Scott Nicholls with two blown engines.

I think its important not to get carried away with the result of one meeting, Belle Vue look very good on paper of course but Panthers just had a bad day, it happens and I'm sure they will better next time out. Basso won't score many ones, testing an engine for the U21s next weekend perhaps? 

I'm not worried about Scotty Nicholls because he's been putting in some good performances at Home. Scotty's just having a bad run on the road at the moment that'll he put right.

Huge concerns over Hans Andersen for me. Hans hasn't been good at all apart from Ipswich Away. I'd actually look at replacing him now before it's too late.

Hans' scores this season

@ BV 0, 1*, 0, 2 = 3+1

@ KL 1, 0, 0, 2* = 3+1

@ Ippo 3, 2*, 3, 3, R = 11+1

Ippo Home 0, 0, 0 = 0

KL Home 2*, 1, 1, 1* = 5+2

4 minutes ago, PhilTheAce said:

Nichols blew 2 engines today unfortunately for him. 

Do you know what type engines he's on, is it GM's or Godden?

4 minutes ago, M.D said:

Do you know what type engines he's on, is it GM's or Godden?

Not sure on that sorry 

• Like 1

Just now, PhilTheAce said:

Not sure on that sorry 

No worries, I was just interested as I know a rider who started the season on Godden and switched back to GM and his results improved overnight.

Thanks for the reply 

14 minutes ago, TTT said:

I'm not worried about Scotty Nicholls because he's been putting in some good performances at Home. Scotty's just having a bad run on the road at the moment that'll he put right.

Huge concerns over Hans Andersen for me. Hans hasn't been good at all apart from Ipswich Away. I'd actually look at replacing him now before it's too late.

Hans' scores this season

@ BV 0, 1*, 0, 2 = 3+1

@ KL 1, 0, 0, 2* = 3+1

@ Ippo 3, 2*, 3, 3, R = 11+1

Ippo Home 0, 0, 0 = 0

KL Home 2*, 1, 1, 1* = 5+2

You cant swap Hans now as you need to now race another 4 fixtures hehe then you can swap him for Heeps 

Edited by Falcon1983
Typo
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Falcon1983 said:

You cant swap Hans now as you need to now race another 4 fixtures hehe then you can swap him for Heeps 

We can make up our own rules as we go along like Belle Vue :D Rules are made to be broken ;)

Swapping Hans Andersen for Cameron Heeps is like swapping a Full English Breakfast for a bowl of Porridge.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, TTT said:

We're paying for the price of success.

Everybody had the same average to work towards so do not see why you are paying the price.

1970 ..Aces won the league…rider control insisted we lose a heat leader which we did…. Replaced by a Belle Vue Colt

1971.. won the league again… again rider control insisted we lost a heat leader which we did…replaced by a Belle Vue Colt

1972 won the league again… rider control insisted we lose a heat leader and Ken Eyre…Aces released Ivan Mauger as the heat leader to lose

1973..  came second

Tremendous achieve this considering the above

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KIRKYLANE said:

Everybody had the same average to work towards so do not see why you are paying the price.

1970 ..Aces won the league…rider control insisted we lose a heat leader which we did…. Replaced by a Belle Vue Colt

1971.. won the league again… again rider control insisted we lost a heat leader which we did…replaced by a Belle Vue Colt

1972 won the league again… rider control insisted we lose a heat leader and Ken Eyre…Aces released Ivan Mauger as the heat leader to lose

1973..  came second

Tremendous achieve this considering the above

BV not the only team to win three in a row ;)

1 hour ago, PhilTheAce said:

What a day that was. That was the best team Performance I’ve seen in a long time. It’s actually the biggest aces score in the NSS history (not including colts)

sometimes it’s easy to say it was because Peterborough were so poor but I honestly think it was just that belle Vue we’re so good. The gating. The passing. The speed. The atmosphere. The team did everything right. 

I’ve not felt a crowd like that in a long time. Before during and after there was a real buzz. 

special mention to Brady on his first aces max and what a way to achieve it. Brilliant pass of MPT

Strange that...when Panthers hammer a team at home I always find it boring and processional...

1 minute ago, chrismorton said:

Strange that...when Panthers hammer a team at home I always find it boring and processional...

It’s a very rare sight that we see an aces team battering anyone so that played a part but I also thought the racing was good. Some good races knocking about and some very fast action