British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
topaz325

Belle Vue Aces v Peterborough Panthers 02/05/2022 12pm.

18 minutes ago, PhilTheAce said:

It’s a very rare sight that we see an aces team battering anyone so that played a part but I also thought the racing was good. Some good races knocking about and some very fast action 

Fair enough...I thought we looked really good in our first meeting but now I'm thinking...are Ipswich just really really bad!?...can't remember getting beaten that badly since the annual Lakeside away hammerings.

Edited by chrismorton
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, chrismorton said:

Strange that...when Panthers hammer a team at home I always find it boring and processional...

45-45's can be boring and processional....

Some good races today... 

Panthers in front around first two turns a fair few times...

When they managed to reach the first two turns obviously....;)

is there any footage anywhere of Brady's pass of mpt in heat 15? the pictures looked impressive it looked a little tight.

Just now, neb said:

is there any footage anywhere of Brady's pass of mpt in heat 15? the pictures looked impressive it looked a little tight.

It was, to say the least..

Brought a fair audible gasp from the grandstand as they smashed elbows and Kurtz hit the kick plate with his wheels and the fence with his handlebars...

Incredible commitment given the scoreline, even if on a max...

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, chrismorton said:

Fair enough...I thought we looked really good in our first meeting but now I'm thinking...are Ipswich just really really bad!?...can't remember getting beaten that badly since the annual Lakeside away hammerings.

Yes in short at the moment......

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

BV not the only team to win three in a row ;)

That is not the point..it is the fact that we lost a heat leader and replaced the rider by one of the Belle Vue Colts and therefore a weakened team

I didnt think peterboro were that bad most races were good fast close racing,but they need to sort the engine failures out.first time sat on home straight u dont half see the speed those guys are doing,where did that housing estate spring up from thats going to cause street parking problems soon.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, KIRKYLANE said:

That is not the point..it is the fact that we lost a heat leader and replaced the rider by one of the Belle Vue Colts and therefore a weakened team

Depends the strength of the other teams they were facing? Were they favourites at the time? 

Just now, lisa-colette said:

Depends the strength of the other teams they were facing? Were they favourites at the time? 

It was the days of rider control where BSPA evened the sides out…. No mathematical average in those days

• Thanks 1

Absolutely terrible from the Panthers, Ostergaard was reasonable. MPT finally showed up for heat 15 but Kurtz was in no mood to be denied his maximum. Nicholls apparently blew up two engines but never looked anywhere near quick enough, Etheridge & Wright passed him with ease.

Harris got the only heat win for the Panthers after a good battle with Wright for a couple of laps.  Bike packed up as the tapes went up in heat 4 & before that in heat 13.

Andersen did nothing, rode defensively to keep Blodorn behind him a couple of times  Basso wasn't too far off the pace until heat 13 when he was the length of the back straight behind the others.  Palin made the gate a couple of times but went backwards each time and wasn't in contention after half a lap.

Not sure what to say about the Belle Vue riders, all too easy.  By heat 6 I was hoping they'd miss the gate.  Kurtz heat 15 win was the pick but Zagars last ride as the breezed through the field after missing the gate. Wright never made it too easy for himself by never really making a start including photo finish for 2nd in heat 3.

Fricke & Etheridge much improved.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

I didnt think peterboro were that bad most races were good fast close racing,but they need to sort the engine failures out.first time sat on home straight u dont half see the speed those guys are doing,where did that housing estate spring up from thats going to cause street parking problems soon.

yes they are built by country side homes ffs.:D

Well the Panthers were well and truly put to the sword today, the Aces were all on fire , just shows what a change in rider can do for the team having said that it was only a matter of time before even without Zagar the Aces would come good.

Some good racing despite the score line Peterborough did have some bad luck with mechanical break downs for Harris and Scotty blowing two engines!

I was convinced that Ostrich had got second place over Wrighty in heat 3 and i was sat on the start finish line?

Heat 15 was just wow , Brady Kurtz win over MPT though a gap that was not there!!

The vibe at the after meeting conference was a lot different compared to the last home meeting but Zagar will get a fine for swearing.:D

• Haha 1

I remember the days when a team manager would come onto the PA system to apologise to the fans after a display like that, especially to the travelling fans after making what would have been an expensive journey, but no, I've checked the website out and it's just the usual one arm bandit of excuses... bad luck etc. no such thing, generally you make your own luck, funny how most of the time it's the same old riders having problems with their machinery.

When the Panthers could get going they were slow out of the starts and then slower still when up to speed.

Aces look the complete package now with the inclusion of Zagar, I wonder if Bewley had still been in the team if the performance today would have been so total (just asking).

As usual the day's racing was fast and furious and I enjoyed it all, despite such lack lustre opposition

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Flappy said:

Harris aside from today has started the season well.  I am worried about Nicholls, Andersen and Palin though. 

This really does show the magnitude of the achievement last season.

I agree with this tbf, last season was almost impossible too even contemplate before a wheel had turned, will probably be one of our greatest successes but defo this season so far it’s looking like a few are struggling. I think palin is a great lad but for the life of me can’t understand why he seems too be struggling so bad, especially after the way he rode those couple of races in the Ben Fund, here’s hoping they can turn it around and have a decent go at defending the crown 

31 minutes ago, iainb said:

I remember the days when a team manager would come onto the PA system to apologise to the fans after a display like that, especially to the travelling fans after making what would have been an expensive journey, but no, I've checked the website out and it's just the usual one arm bandit of excuses... bad luck etc. no such thing, generally you make your own luck, funny how most of the time it's the same old riders having problems with their machinery.

When the Panthers could get going they were slow out of the starts and then slower still when up to speed.

Aces look the complete package now with the inclusion of Zagar, I wonder if Bewley had still been in the team if the performance today would have been so total (just asking).

As usual the day's racing was fast and furious and I enjoyed it all, despite such lack lustre opposition

To be fair to Rob Lyon he didnt look best pleased...

Several shakes of the head and more than the odd eye roll and look skywards  after some races were complete..

Bad day at the office...