British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
topaz325

Belle Vue Aces v Peterborough Panthers 02/05/2022 12pm.

4 minutes ago, TTT said:

I've seen enough this year already to realise we're in for a rough season.

Thankfully Ipswich will beat us to the wooden spoon but we won't be far off from bottom spot.

Haven't looked right in the Cup fixtures either and the team is far too reliant on Ben Basso imo.

1-5 has a few riders on highly inflated averages due them dominating rising stars at reserve for a month or two in 2021.

;);)

Edited by lisa-colette
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, BassoRacingFan said:

That Panthers side has 7 riders who could quite easily score 10 points at BV.

I don't think any of the Panthers are going to score 10!

• Haha 1

Belle Vue are going to win the league this year no doubt about it. Like I said last week even Mark Lemon won't be able to mess this one up.

As for us we now need to be on the phone to Krzysztof Buczkowski, Jonas Jeppesen and riders of that calibre. Yes the riders have earned the right to defend their title but this is alarming and most of them aren't even performing well in the SGB Championship either.

All of a sudden the Peterborough side look their age... They do not like it up em!

1 minute ago, Flappy said:

Quite embarrassing

We're paying for the price of success.

1 minute ago, TTT said:

Belle Vue are going to win the league this year no doubt about it. Like I said last week even Mark Lemon won't be able to mess this one up.

As for us we now need to be on the phone to Krzysztof Buczkowski, Jonas Jeppesen and riders of that calibre. Yes the riders have earned the right to defend their title but this is alarming and most of them aren't even performing well in the SGB Championship either.

Peterborough will be up there looks like a few mechanical failures in a few heats which can't be helped

Ipswich so far are the only side you look at and think "nailed on" 6th  

This Belle Vue side looks now on par with Sheffield if not slightly better

Lynn and Peterborough depends who is at Reserve 

2 minutes ago, TTT said:

We're paying for the price of success.

Yep.  They made history last year and they'll be club legends for it but they look their age atm

• Like 1

Just now, Flappy said:

Yep.  They made history last year and they'll be club legends for it but they look their age atm

They'll always be legends of the Sport and legends of the club.

Not sure if it's an age thing tbh. I think we've got 7+ averages galore for riders who'll only get you 5/6 points a meeting at best in return. Highly inflated averages due to the riders in question scoring 11, 12, 13 points every week at reserve for a month or two in 2021.

17 minutes ago, Flappy said:

Yep, Basso looking his age...........!

20 minutes ago, CB252 said:

Anyone know when the transfer window opens?

Thought it was open now isn't it.Belle Vue have signed Zagar in the last week or so:P

14 hours ago, Garry1603 said:

Looking forward to this, my first meeting of the year. All the Panthers seem to go well at the NSS, but I still think that the Aces top 4 (plus Brennan) will be enough. 48-42

I think the only certainty here is that Harris will get an E.F.

1 hour ago, CB252 said:

Anyone know when the transfer window opens?

Already open if you're BV lol 

Edited by lisa-colette
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Thought it was open now isn't it.Belle Vue have signed Zagar in the last week or so:P

Beat me to it lol 

• Like 1