British Speedway Forum
GiveusaB

Birmingham v Scunthorpe 4/5/22

Some team line ups would help from the Birmingham promotion  less then 24 hrs to go to Tapes up and not one single piece of information on the Brummies site ,you’ve just lost a visiting supporter for tomorrow 

Edited by Tosh1218
Added to it

BIRMINGHAM: Claus Vissing, Stefan Nielsen, Kyle Howarth, Ashley Morris, Adam Ellis, James Shanes, James Pearson.
SCUNTHORPE: Ryan Douglas, Zaine Kennedy, Jordan Palin, Tero Aarnio, Jake Allen, Ryan Kinsley, Simon Lambert.

From the Birmingham main site
& very welcome news

MEANWHILE, the Birmingham Consortium have listened to the views of the supporters over the re-admission arrangements following the abandoned meeting against Berwick, caused by Josh Auty’s unfortunate accident and the lack of NHS ambulance to take him to the hospital.

Having already dug deep to fund an extra ambulance and paramedic for all other home meetings this season to ensure the same situation does not arise again, they have also been considering the supporters and what they can do for them.

Whilst it is not appropriate to deviate from the official re-admission policy agreed between all clubs and the BSPL, they have decided to offer a free programme to supporters who come along with their Berwick re-admission ticket.

While they appreciate that not everyone always buys a programme, they hope that the supporters will see it as a gesture of goodwill from the Directors who place maximum importance on the interests of both riders and fans.
Modify message

Edited by Brummies_Ste
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Can’t see Scunny getting anything out of this with now 2 poor performers at reserve especially if Howarth is riding for Birmingham.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, OldtimerRay said:

Can’t see Scunny getting anything out of this with now 2 poor performers at reserve especially if Howarth is riding for Birmingham.

Howarth for Auty is certainty a bonus from Brummies.(on form and paper)

Edited by Fromafar

16 hours ago, Tosh1218 said:

Some team line ups would help from the Birmingham promotion  less then 24 hrs to go to Tapes up and not one single piece of information on the Brummies site ,you’ve just lost a visiting supporter for tomorrow 

Agree, it's disappointing that the Team news was very late in arriving and may be some notification by the Club's PR would've helped here??? I can only assume that the reason for a late revelation is that may be the Club were waiting on confirmation of our guest rider 'Howarth' (great choice btw....) it looks like we want to WIN this one!

Note to Club.....who are doing all the right things....Get the match info out and advertised at least 2 days prior to fixture. It doesnt cost any money to do that. (it's not a criticism before the red'n'yellow brigade start doing their war dance....it's called Good PR....)

We've lost a ticket sale!

I hope Tosh1218 will reconsider his 'position' and come and support a club in need ! 

54 - 36 to the Brummies (due to the Howarth inclusion...)

p.s Hope he brings his gloves with him! :D

• Like 1

Great gesture by the Club to offer a free programme to all of us who attended the Berwick meeting!:t:

30 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Great gesture by the Club to offer a free programme to all of us who attended the Berwick meeting!:t:

But wouldn't you already have a programme from the original meeting anyway? 

10 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

But wouldn't you already have a programme from the original meeting anyway? 

That was for Berwick ...

33 minutes ago, *JJ said:

That was for Berwick ...

Ah yeah, good point! lol. I had in my head it was the restaging for some reason!

For people who don't buy a programme shame they can't get a couple of free drink at the bar instead (same value) but might get too hard to police between the two!

7 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Ah yeah, good point! lol. I had in my head it was the restaging for some reason!

For people who don't buy a programme shame they can't get a couple of free drink at the bar instead (same value) but might get too hard to police between the two!

You're joking....the bar prices are astronomical and unfortunately controlled by the extortionate rates that the Stadium owners set.

Not allowed to take any food/drink in to the stadium....not fair.... especially for away fans, who may have travelled a fair distance.

This is out of the Club's hands!

• Thanks 1

P.s its a shame we're competing with Real Madrid v Man City tonight....

Edited by GiveusaB

24 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

P.s its a shame we're competing with Real Madrid v Man City tonight....

I have a feeling that tonight's meeting might not go ahead.....

I don't think birmingham are competing for the same crowd

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Brummies_Ste said:
MEANWHILE, the Birmingham Consortium have listened to the views of the supporters over the re-admission arrangements following the abandoned meeting against Berwick

The keyboard warriors?

• Haha 1