British Speedway Forum
GiveusaB

Birmingham v Scunthorpe 4/5/22

Mr or Mrs :rofl:

Seriously.... if we've got a committed consortium, then we need a professional Team Manager.... I can't fault LRs enthusiasm, but he's clueless .... 

• Like 1

Nonsense. There was no need whatsoever to make changes; there was no chance at all that Scunthorpe would win. Douglas was brilliant - he scored half of Scunny's points single handed - but the rest were very ordinary.

As for James Pearson: he seemed to be using a Gerhardt engine, which was too slow, even though he was making the starts.

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, *JJ said:

Nonsense. There was no need whatsoever to make changes; there was no chance at all that Scunthorpe would win. Douglas was brilliant - he scored half of Scunny's points single handed - but the rest were very ordinary.

As for James Pearson: he seemed to be using a Gerhardt engine, which was too slow, even though he was making the starts.

Rubbish... we were 2 points away from Scunthorpe taking a point? Crap management tactics !

Shanes should've taken one of Pearsons rides! It's a no brainer! 

You avent got a clue!

Edited by GiveusaB
  • Like 2

58 minutes ago, Ryan555 said:

Well another tough night for us struggling to find points and consistency in the main body obviously not including Ryan Douglas who has been class. I’m really not sure what’s gonna happen with Ryan Kinsley not a great night for him again

Kinsley is just not up to the job, an average rider in the National league and not championship standard, if Scunny have any aspirations of making the play offs a change has to be made and quick, it just needs someone who can score 2/3 points rather than no score every time.

Just now, OldtimerRay said:

Kinsley is just not up to the job, an average rider in the National league and not championship standard, if Scunny have any aspirations of making the play offs a change has to be made and quick, it just needs someone who can score 2/3 points rather than no score every time.

What are the options Jake Mulford, Jack Smith?

1 minute ago, Ryan555 said:

I’m sure one of them would be better, just an odd point or 2 from Kinsley tonight would have given Scunny  a much needed point

4 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Ben Morley??? 

I did think that but he’s from quite fair down south I believe and I expect him to be lined up for Dan Gilkes spot at Plymouth because I don’t believe Gilkes injury will be a short fix. However I would be happy with him

Edited by Ryan555
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, OldtimerRay said:

Sadly something is far amiss with Kinsley atm as his NDL form is also way down. Great to see Morley in demand but not sure Scunny would suit as well as Plymouth does. 

Mulford was hotly touted in the off season but no place is fairly telling.  Perhaps he is more reasonable about his demands now?

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, *JJ said:

FFS, you really are beyond help:rolleyes:There was every chance they could have won!!!

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, *JJ said:

Sorry JJ but I have to strongly disagree. You must have been the only Brummies fan not expecting to see Shanes replace Pearson in his last ride. Pearson had done nothing wrong but, lambert had already beaten him three times. Shane’s had easily won the reserves race against lambert snd was riding really well.
Rogers has to be the most inept team manager we have ever had. Not only did he nearly cost us the points.  ( not for the  first time either), but he almost handed Scunthorpe a league point. 
I travelled to Plymouth last season snd Rogers cost us the league win there. Another case of not making the right changes at the right times !!!  Yet again all the fans, including the Plymouth ones, were gobsmacked when  hd didn’t take Morris out  of heat 14, costing us a 5-1 and, the meeting He is totally inept as a team manager. 
Can’t  fault the work  Rogers does off the track but he has no idea about team tactics, pairings or rider changes during meetings . 

Edited by the hobbit
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, Ryan555 said:

Reckon Harry McGurk wouldn't be a bad shout tbh, always keen to learn and riding well in the NDL at the moment

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GiveusaB said:

Mr or Mrs :rofl:

Seriously.... if we've got a committed consortium, then we need a professional Team Manager.... I can't fault LRs enthusiasm, but he's clueless .... 

Well done to all for achieving first home win this season.:t:

Sorry,I can't make the 140 mile round trip to support the team whilst there are folk who think loyal supporters of speedway(and have been for many years) are classed as 'keyboard warriors':rolleyes:.

Who gives a flying from posts on Brummies Speedway Forum whos birthday it is or whos grass has been cut during the off season and if anyone has a day off work to take a rider to an airport:blink: 

No disrespect to those who have taken on the challenge to put the Brummies on track for 2022.:t:Those folk who have put their money where their mouths are deserve our ultimate respect:t:

Edited by bluejam
  • Like 3