British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Arch Stanton

Ipswich v Belle Vue 5th May

Can only see an away win to be honest, with only Etheridge and Blowhorn possible weak links. 

Starke back at reserve is a big plus though and we wait to see if Barker’s move is ratified. If it is, then you’d fancy him to contribute more than Heeps has been so it could be a good competitive meeting. 

Blowhorn :D

• Haha 1

Not as Baffling as putting Batchelor at 5, should've put him at 2 and Riss at 5 if he wanted Danny at 3. Can only see an away win.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

He’s again gone with Riss at 2, I don’t understand that at all. I don’t like the partnership of King and Barker at 3 and 4 either. Both ride exactly the same way and both will look for that same outside line! Baffling decision 

I mean Doyle and riss teamed up for 2 5-1’s and a 4-2 heat advantages in their three shared heats against Lynn so I think it’s completely fair to see why he would stick with that.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 89buttons said:

I mean Doyle and riss teamed up for 2 5-1’s and a 4-2 heat advantages in their three shared heats against Lynn so I think it’s completely fair to see why he would stick with that.

Agree to disagree on this one. 

1 hour ago, 89buttons said:

Everytime Riss follows home Doyle it's a dropped point for Riss....

The 2 in form riders at Foxhall should in my opinion be at 1 & 5. Giving the Witches the best chance of at least 7 race wins.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2ndbend said:

The 2 in form riders at Foxhall should in my opinion be at 1 & 5. Giving the Witches the best chance of at least 7 race wins.

Definitely this. I’ve always been of the opinion that your weakest rider in the top 5 should be at two, even more so when you have a top tier number 1 like we have this year. It’s a complete waste having Riss at 2 and I don’t understand the reasoning at all. 

8 hours ago, Bash said:

Not as Baffling as putting Batchelor at 5, should've put him at 2 and Riss at 5 if he wanted Danny at 3. Can only see an away win.

100% spot on 

Wouldn’t have moved King from 5 either personally. Once Riss has been moved to 2 he probably thought Barker and Batchelor as a pair at 3 and 4 looked a bit iffy so moved King in there. I prefer keeping things simple, Barker at 2, Riss and Batchelor 3 and 4 and King at 5. Although certainly an argument for Riss at 5 on current form. 

Only one man’s opinion matters though at the end of the day. Perhaps Hawkins is far more of a tactical genius than any of us gave him credit for :D

Edited by Arch Stanton
  • Haha 2

Ben's arm just a bit battered and bruised from his crash tonight, incase anyone is worried! He still planning on riding Thursday from his interview post meeting tonight. 

2 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Ben's arm just a bit battered and bruised from his crash tonight, incase anyone is worried! He still planning on riding Thursday from his interview post meeting tonight. 

If not, maybe we could get Heeps to guest? :D

30 minutes ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

If not, maybe we could get Heeps to guest? :D

It did cross my mind for a brief second! ;)

13 hours ago, 89buttons said:

While Batchelor and Heeps conceded 2 x 5-1, so it was a marginal gain.

I agree with King being moved from 5, and Batchelor is the only option - I don't think a King/Batchelor pairing at 3&4 would work any better than Barker/King.  King has escaped scrutiny so far, but has an inconsistent record in Heat 13 (and 15).  A poor performance at Plymouth last night too, where he has normally ridden well.