British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bald Bloke

King's Lynn v Wolves 05/05/22

They are all as bad as each other. No one can take the high ground overall

A sham and a shambles the lot of them

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

I remember when BV left the hose on apparently or so the rumour goes (a few years back) so you know, can't talk much! 

A Poole fan as well, Lisa-Colette.....?:o

Best not go back through any Poole threads of the past decade or so eh? :D

Where's the official brush and carpet? ;)

Edited by mikebv

1 hour ago, stevehone said:

wonder when electrical work started compared to original planned date?

I was only half listening last Tuesday week but I'm sure he said they should have been installed already and they were waiting for the engineers, and that it could be 'any day now'. 

1 minute ago, Bagpuss said:

I was only half listening last Tuesday week but I'm sure he said they should have been installed already and they were waiting for the engineers, and that it could be 'any day now'. 

Bloody Bank Holiday's eh?

If only it was a normal week, it would have been done by today I am sure....

3 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Thank goodness ithe work wasn’t started before the bank holiday otherwise the lucrative stock car meeting might have been postponed too. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Thank goodness ithe work wasn’t started before the bank holiday otherwise the lucrative stock car meeting might have been postponed too. 

A fortunate "win-win" situation I believe is the modern parlance...

1 hour ago, mikebv said:

A Poole fan as well, Lisa-Colette.....?:o

Best not go back through any Poole threads of the past decade or so eh? :D

Where's the official brush and carpet? ;)

I'm not moaning about Lynn calling it off though ;):D

• Haha 2

These 'works' seem to have come at a very convenient time. Reminds me of  a Cradley v Wolves match that was called off due to a 'waterlogged track' . One of my mates lived in Dudley and we thought might as well go for a drink as we were going to be out anyway. Passed by the track to have a look, dry as a bone.

The fact that Hancock and Hamill had missed their flights back to the UK was a pure coincidence.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Beowulf said:

These 'works' seem to have come at a very convenient time. Reminds me of  a Cradley v Wolves match that was called off due to a 'waterlogged track' . One of my mates lived in Dudley and we thought might as well go for a drink as we were going to be out anyway. Passed by the track to have a look, dry as a bone.

The fact that Hancock and Hamill had missed their flights back to the UK was a pure coincidence.

The bad weather probably affected the flights into Netherton International.....:D

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mikebv said:

The bad weather probably affected the flights into Netherton International.....:D

You're very well informed. Very few people know about Netherton International.The restaurant there does a roaring trade in faggots & peas, pork scratchings and orange chips !!!

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

I can't remember word for word, But you got it right:t:. He also said, hopefully we will have them for the next meeting and the engineers have assured him that it will only take them 2 days to fit them. There was a bank holiday stock car meeting on Monday afternoon, so it would tie in with 2 days to complete the installation time and be ready( Weds)  in time for today if there were no hold ups and it all went smoothly.  Which it hasn't unfortunately :)

Edited by Bald Bloke

18 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Is "Hemelec Limited" still the experts of choice these days? ;)

• Haha 1

It,s lovely weather here in kings Lynn today just right for a speedway meeting :(

3 hours ago, King Jamie said:

Is "Hemelec Limited" still the experts of choice these days? ;)

I think they went out of favour when Jonathan left :wink: