British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bald Bloke

King's Lynn v Wolves 05/05/22

On 5/3/2022 at 12:54 PM, tellboy said:

I would call it off if 3 were absent.

It’s what many predicted and surprise surprise supposed work needs doing to the stadium.

Promoters still think supporters are wet behind the ears I see. 
A very poor excuse of a week for the Stars. :nono:

Heres an out there thought, could the lights have been changed during the speedway close season ?

2 minutes ago, Beowulf said:

Heres an out there thought, could the lights have been changed during the speedway close season ?

Probably if they arrived on time.Apparently they were waiting for the new bulbs for months.They were scheduled to be done before the season started,sure Buster said that at one meeting.The old ones that are in there at the moment you can't get anymore is what i heard.So every time one goes it gets darker and darker.Hoping the new led ones will give us a lot better viewing with lighting the place up,should do.

Surprised they have been changed. After all speedway has a habit of keeping supporters in the dark ;)

• Haha 3

34 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Surprised they have been changed. After all speedway has a habit of keeping supporters in the dark ;)

No more mushrooms,( kept in the dark and fed on  sh!t ) watching speedway in compost corner now Taps. . The future is bright.:)

• Like 1

No home fixture next Thursday.!  Could have been scheduled for then? :D

10 hours ago, stevebrum said:

It’s what many predicted and surprise surprise supposed work needs doing to the stadium.

Promoters still think supporters are wet behind the ears I see. 
A very poor excuse of a week for the Stars. :nono:

Still being a Silly Billy I see.

If you'd read the thread properly you would know that this was scheduled to be done months ago. If it's a stitch up to cover for injured/ill riders then it was done with a crystal ball seeing as the floodlight issue was raised a fortnight ago.

4 hours ago, Beowulf said:

No...

It was too dark....:D

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

It was difficult to find a electrician in Norfolk with just five fingers to do the work. 

Yep, they’ve all got four fingers …..

Just now, NeilWatson said:

Yep, they’ve all got four fingers …..

And webbed feet 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Beowulf said:

Could have done it after the wolves fixture as there's no home meeting until the 19th May.

40 minutes ago, TINYS said:

Could have done it after the wolves fixture as there's no home meeting until the 19th May.

I think the whole point is they don't have a choice when the engineers come :rolleyes:

A d the irony of Suffolkers talking about extra fingers and webbed feet :D

7 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Still being a Silly Billy I see.

If you'd read the thread properly you would know that this was scheduled to be done months ago. If it's a stitch up to cover for injured/ill riders then it was done with a crystal ball seeing as the floodlight issue was raised a fortnight ago.

Oh dear, if it was known to have been planned a fortnight ago surely cancel any meetings that it might affect if it’s a legit plan of course.

Unless you are accusing the club as not having the foresight to postpone a meeting well before this was planned and happy to allow it to look suspicious?

If it was planned it was planned very poorly. Either way it all looks very dodgy or unprofessional whichever way you wish to view it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

I think the whole point is they don't have a choice when the engineers come :rolleyes:

A d the irony of Suffolkers talking about extra fingers and webbed feet :D

Luckily I'm not from Suffolk either,,, the carrot crunchers 

• Haha 1