British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
crescent girl

BERWICK v BELLE VUE (Saturday, May 7th, 7pm)

15 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Think the big positive regarding NDL racing at Shielfield,is the racing can be a couple of seconds slower with the young lads,which produces exciting races with more overtaking,it has been like that for a few season now ,that the Junior meetings have been more entertaining.Long may it continue.

The NSS is the same when I watch the Colts...

A great racetrack as shown when the Aces ride but the NDL racing is often brilliant...

As you say, just a couple of seconds slower, but not that you notice when watching...

The NDL meetings (understandably), seem to have a slicker track too from the off which on the big wide circuits means riders using lots of different lines to try and find the grip to pass..

There doesnt seem the same "riding on rails" around the inside that can happen on the deeper tracks when the top riders ride, which often means strung out (very fast) races..

And obviously there is the capability level which means a few more mistakes, thus passing opportunities.. 

When Belle Vue charged a tenner in total for me and my then 16 year old lad, we went many times to the Colts and didnt go to watch the Aces as it was around £30.. 

Basically you got your "speedway entertainment fix" for around a third of the cost..

Real Value For Money the NDL..

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1