British Speedway Forum
PowerfulPierre

Leicester vs Oxford 7 May 2022

9 minutes ago, lucifer sam said:

No it wasn't!  The riders were concerned about what they were faced with if they were behind.  Scott Nicholls isn't a moaner. When he calls out the track, I think there's a good reason to listen to him.

It's good that Leicester have called in Andy Meredith, but they should have done that years ago.  

Like I said only complaint I was told about was to much dirt going in. If Scott said what he did I won't argue!! But that was not relayed to me. We called in Andy Meredith,  because he is 1 of the scb track advisors.  We did it because we were not happy with the bumps, we tried to get rid of them but it didn't work, we spoke to Andy on the phone, he advised us to try something before the redcar meeting,  we did what he said but that did not solve the problem,  so Andy came in at our request. Part of what Andy has done has worked,  but sadly the weather played a big part in last nights track, 

13 minutes ago, Leave some for us. said:

Everyone ?  Graham seemed to manage it without any fuss and he was on his own. I had to describe him as that as I don’t know his name but it obviously worked as you know exactly who I refer too. I did see a post on social media the other day with you tagged in it, congratulating each other on your efforts to turn the track around. You didn’t say it wasn’t me  it was all Andy Merideth, but now you are. I’m confused. Never mind hopefully next week will be better if I decide to come. Stewart maybe a licensed curator but he’s there to manage the team not do the track on race nights. 

So I spent 18 months working and learning from Graham, he has great knowledge and experience,  when he left I called him and asked him to stay, so yes he did have help.

Look at those Facebook posts again I don't think you will find I responded to them, clearly you want someone else to do it other then me, that's fine , bring them along they can have my keys, don't know why I bother!!!  Go find someone else to put 25 to hours a week in for nothing, I'm done. Keyboard warriors win.

1 minute ago, BTFC LION said:

So I spent 18 months working and learning from Graham, he has great knowledge and experience,  when he left I called him and asked him to stay, so yes he did have help.

Look at those Facebook posts again I don't think you will find I responded to them, clearly you want someone else to do it other then me, that's fine , bring them along they can have my keys, don't know why I bother!!!  Go find someone else to put 25 to hours a week in for nothing, I'm done. Keyboard warriors win.

No you didn’t respond that’s what I said, yet you are now saying it was all Andy Merideth. Pick ya dummy up on the way out 

1 minute ago, Leave some for us. said:

No you didn’t respond that’s what I said, yet you are now saying it was all Andy Merideth. Pick ya dummy up on the way out 

I will shove it where the sun don't shine when made enquiries as to who you are.

15 minutes ago, BTFC LION said:

I will shove it where the sun don't shine when made enquiries as to who you are.

Bring it on. Are you threatening me by any chance. Maybe I’ll report you to the Bates and the SCB 

Edited by Leave some for us.

18 minutes ago, BTFC LION said:

9 minutes ago, Leave some for us. said:

Bring it on. Are you threatening me by any chance. Maybe I’ll report you to the Bates.

Calm down lads... it was only a crap track mainly made so by the weather... it doesn't really matter who's said what to who on what. 

The racing has generally been excellent so far this year and hopefully it will be again when the Lions are back on track

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Leave some for us. said:

Bring it on. Are you threatening me by any chance. Maybe I’ll report you to the Bates and the SCB 

No threats, I don't do threats. Report to who ever you like. Tried to give out facts for information, so people know what's going on, but all people seemed to want to do is attack those who give up lots of time for the sport. You wonder why track creators quit and walk away, keep going, won't have any left,  there isn't many now. 

Edited by BTFC LION
Spelling
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, iainb said:

Calm down lads... it was only a crap track mainly made so by the weather... it doesn't really matter who's said what to who on what. 

The racing has generally been excellent so far this year and hopefully it will be again when the Lions are back on track

He is the one who has lost control, and is now dishing out threats. I was simply putting my point across as a paying spectator. 

Good read this thread :D

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, BTFC LION said:

No threats, I don't do threats. Report to who ever you like. Tried to give out facts for information, so people know what's going on, but all people seemed to want to do is attack those who give up lots of time for the sport. You wonder why track creators quit and walk away, keep going, won't have any left,  there isn't many know.

Clearly you are and by the opening statement on this post your doing it again. You need to regain control of yourself and try and understand what people are saying, rather than blaming people. I’ve printed off this entire thread as evidence should I need to present it. 

Edited by Leave some for us.
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, BTFC LION said:

No threats, I don't do threats. Report to who ever you like. Tried to give out facts for information, so people know what's going on, but all people seemed to want to do is attack those who give up lots of time for the sport. You wonder why track creators quit and walk away, keep going, won't have any left,  there isn't many now. 

Unfortunately people don't like facts in speedway they only like the agenda that suits them 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

Unfortunately people don't like facts in speedway they only like the agenda that suits them 

So what are the facts then ? 

3 minutes ago, Leave some for us. said:

Clearly you are and by the opening statement on this post your doing it again. You need to regain control of yourself and try and understand what people are saying, rather than blaming people. I’ve printed off this entire thread as evidence should I need to present it. 

What part of I don't do threats do you not understand? I want to find out who you are so like in the past someone had a go behind a name on a keyboard, when we met we had a great discussion on what was happening,  going on, after about an hour of talking he understood alot more about that subject. Ha, we are now actually quite good friends. So an open invite, if you wish to discuss it properly then please meet me. 

• Like 1

Whilst I try to appreciate the hours put in behind the scenes to get meetings on whether that be the track work, medical cover, programmes, getting volunteers in, getting the paperwork done, getting guests etc etc etc........

At the end of the day if the show isn't right on the night for those that pay to watch, especially new or floating supporters, they are less likely to return again.

I say this about any entertainment venue, you can't expect people to understand wot goes on behind the scenes too try to get things right, after all they don't pay for that!!! They only pay for things to be right on the night.

I speak from experience of helping to organise speedway social evenings.

Simples :t:

8 minutes ago, Turnip said:

Whilst I try to appreciate the hours put in behind the scenes to get meetings on whether that be the track work, medical cover, programmes, getting volunteers in, getting the paperwork done, getting guests etc etc etc........

At the end of the day if the show isn't right on the night for those that pay to watch, especially new or floating supporters, they are less likely to return again.

I say this about any entertainment venue, you can't expect people to understand wot goes on behind the scenes too try to get things right, after all they don't pay for that!!! They only pay for things to be right on the night.

I speak from experience of helping to organise speedway social evenings.

Simples :t:

Agreed... but i also think that when somebody responsible does take the time and trouble to come on here to explain what has actually happened they should be applauded for doing so. :)

The special one has apologised over the PA and the track man has explained the reasons for the poor track. I can't see that there's a great deal else to be said on the events of last night

Edited by iainb
  • Like 1