British Speedway Forum
Jaizer

Glasgow Vs Plymouth 6th may 7.30

34 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

I wonder who that is against? :unsure:

I wonder indeed 

• Haha 1

Good win for the Tigers. Thought that Plymouth team looked stronger on paper than what actually turned up.

I feel the racing has taken a bit of a decline this season at Ashfield. Felt towards the tail end of last season it was getting better and better each week. Seems as though the majority trying their luck round the outside just goes backwards and once they have worked that out it is follow the leader the round the inside. :(

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SilentLurker said:

Good win for the Tigers. Thought that Plymouth team looked stronger on paper than what actually turned up.

I feel the racing has taken a bit of a decline this season at Ashfield. Felt towards the tail end of last season it was getting better and better each week. Seems as though the majority trying their luck round the outside just goes backwards and once they have worked that out it is follow the leader the round the inside. :(

Berwick meeting was as good as anything I've seen at ashfield. Even Newcastle had some good moments. Last 2 weeks not been fantastic, but Sunday afternoon always difficult to prepare for and think had to do fair bit of track works after the rain this week, leaving it slicker than usual when sun came out. 

5 minutes ago, SilentLurker said:

Track has been too slick the last two meetings . The Berwick match was terrific , but the last two have been not as good due to lack of grip. Maybe that is weather related , we did have heavy rain yesterday morning,  I dont know 

Didn't think we'd get as close to the Tigers as we did and in the end left ruing a couple of falls / exclusions or we could have grabbed a point.

Fair play to young Jason guesting, Dillon however proved to be a shocker. 

Concern for me is Alfie's away form, from my calculations that's zero points in 3 away meetings in the league (he managed 3 points at Poole in the KOC meeting), his home form is decent but away he needs to start contributing. He seemed unlucky at Scunny from the stream I watched and would be keen to know from anyone there last night if he was anywhere near the pace?

2 hours ago, Paulco said:

Track has been too slick the last two meetings . The Berwick match was terrific , but the last two have been not as good due to lack of grip. Maybe that is weather related , we did have heavy rain yesterday morning,  I dont know 

Agree track was a lot slicker than the Berwick match.

It's all relative. Still some good passing last night. Bomber did Craig on the inside and the outside, so clearly he could make both ways work. I was stood at the entry to the third bend and to could definitely tell some made the outside work, and others couldn't, more so than normal.

We're lucky we get nights where it seems there's passing in every heat, which I think just means we notice it all the more when there's a little less than we normally see.

58 minutes ago, Noelinho said:

It's all relative. Still some good passing last night. Bomber did Craig on the inside and the outside, so clearly he could make both ways work. I was stood at the entry to the third bend and to could definitely tell some made the outside work, and others couldn't, more so than normal.

We're lucky we get nights where it seems there's passing in every heat, which I think just means we notice it all the more when there's a little less than we normally see.

agree,when you watched Hans into 3rd bend he went in much tighter than any of the other,never ventured out wide out all night( after he fell in his 1st ride).

Edited by Fromafar

7 hours ago, torpointfanatic22 said:

Didn't think we'd get as close to the Tigers as we did and in the end left ruing a couple of falls / exclusions or we could have grabbed a point.

Fair play to young Jason guesting, Dillon however proved to be a shocker. 

Concern for me is Alfie's away form, from my calculations that's zero points in 3 away meetings in the league (he managed 3 points at Poole in the KOC meeting), his home form is decent but away he needs to start contributing. He seemed unlucky at Scunny from the stream I watched and would be keen to know from anyone there last night if he was anywhere near the pace?

Glasgow away will be tough for any second string / reserve, as they have no weak links. That said Edwards rode a blinder! But certainly Bowtell should be aiming to score more than 0.

13 hours ago, Fromafar said:

agree,when you watched Hans into 3rd bend he went in much tighter than any of the other,never ventured out wide out all night( after he fell in his 1st ride).

On two occasions HA rode both wheels on the grass exiting the fourth bend and never got rumbled. McGregor would've had him, just like he did with Sarj one time.

Its always tough to prepare when rains about.

Genuine question, with Steve Lawson spending so much time creating what looks like a masterpiece at Northside are they missing his magic touch track prep wise? 

7 minutes ago, HGould said:

Its always tough to prepare when rains about.

Genuine question, with Steve Lawson spending so much time creating what looks like a masterpiece at Northside are they missing his magic touch track prep wise? 

God was never the track man, he resolved the issue with the 3rd bend dip

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jaizer said:

God was never the track man, he resolved the issue with the 3rd bend dip

Thanks for clarifying

5 hours ago, MD said:

On two occasions HA rode both wheels on the grass exiting the fourth bend and never got rumbled. McGregor would've had him, just like he did with Sarj one time.

Perhaps that's karma because at home against Scunny Barker was excluded for having both wheels over the white line when in fact he didn't (evidence on the stream). Personally I'd have been delighted if the Gladiators came away from Glasgow with a point. I'll settle instead for 'nearly' :)