British Speedway Forum
lbw

Swindon Stadium 5th May 2022

32 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Yeah probably, I just hope I have a football team to support next season! 

Yep I'm with you on that as that's the bigger picture matey :t:

Edited by Turnip

9 hours ago, Turnip said:

Yep I'm with you on that as that's the bigger picture matey :t:

Thanks, there are people who want us to close just as there are people who want Poole Speedway to close. 

33 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Thanks, there are people who want us to close just as there are people who want Poole Speedway to close. 

Well I wouldn't want those folk driving a car coz they can't see where they're going!

Be great in 2023 to av Swindon, Eastbourne & Northside operating no matter which league.

• Like 5

The drainage shown in the pictures aren't for houses cause the normal procedure with house building is that the oversite (the lower part of the house from the foundations to damp course/ finished floor level) is built before any internal drainage (the pipework for the outlets coming from in the house like toliets, baths, showers sinks) is constructed. 

From what I can see there are no oversites for houses in the pictures. To me its looks the pipework has been built in readiness for prefabricated structures to be delivered and fixed onto them. - I've seen in reports that the new stands at the Stadium will be prefabricated structures!

Lets hope we see Swindon along with other defunct tracks back next season! 

Edited by 25yearfan
  • Like 3

On 5/6/2022 at 11:18 AM, EnglishRoundabout said:

Call me naive coombers me old mate, but I have always thought the new stadium would happen. I still do to be honest. 

Obviously I hope so as well but after an initial flurry of work a few months ago it would appear nothing has happened in a while and no sign of anyone working on it the times I've driven past in the last few weeks. Weather been spot on so there shouldn't be any excuses for this. Just can't see it happening.

On 5/6/2022 at 9:44 AM, EnglishRoundabout said:

How dare those builders destroy a listed building which hold so many memories for so many people! Is there no sentimental consideration nowadays?  Furthermore, what has happened to all those wonderful insects that made their home within that nostalgic structure?

I managed to salvage an Izal bog roll, the only light bulb, and blue plaque which read "Lord Lucan was ere".

On 5/7/2022 at 9:36 AM, 25yearfan said:

The drainage shown in the pictures aren't for houses cause the normal procedure with house building is that the oversite (the lower part of the house from the foundations to damp course/ finished floor level) is built before any internal drainage (the pipework for the outlets coming from in the house like toliets, baths, showers sinks) is constructed. 

From what I can see there are no oversites for houses in the pictures. To me its looks the pipework has been built in readiness for prefabricated structures to be delivered and fixed onto them. - I've seen in reports that the new stands at the Stadium will be prefabricated structures!

Lets hope we see Swindon along with other defunct tracks back next season! 

Im led to believe those Lorry Like Trailers which can be seen in the Car Park are supposed to be the new stand, but as I say they look more like Lorry Trailers..

9 hours ago, Turnip said:

Days gone by at the Abbey

Love the noise. 

10 hours ago, Turnip said:

Days gone by at the Abbey

Was it Castrol R days? Can smell it now...