British Speedway Forum
Shaleshifter

Poole Pirates Vs Newcastle Diamonds 11/5/22

1 minute ago, phillipsr said:

Dont tell me, the track has been sorted except thats what you said last year aswell and then the SCB had to get involved because it was so bad…..  

Watch the stream and see for yourself :t:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, phillipsr said:

Dont tell me, the track has been sorted except thats what you said last year aswell and then the SCB had to get involved because it was so bad…..  

After seeing pictures today of the Newcastle track, Poole have got nothing to worry about 

Kyle Howarth guests for the Diamonds.

1 hour ago, GiveusaB said:

62 - 28

Bit generous there I think  65 25

• Haha 1

Any thoughts on what is going on with Drew Kemp ??

Started season well with both Poole & Wolves but suddenly his form has fallen off a cliff and his scores for both have been poor last week or two and also didn't do well at the World U21 meeting at the weekend either with only 4 points. from 5 rides.

Started this season like the rider who was finally realising his early potential after 4 seasons of riding in all 3 leagues, but do admit a little worried whats going on with his form some 3 months short of being 20.

The point being that fully expected Ablitt to be getting us almost zero each meting as a just turned 18 year old in only his third season (discounting wiped out 2021), but we can ill afford carrying two reserves producing little.

Its early doors I know but again our top 3 we are getting inconsistencies as all 3 not always firing (especially away) and Kemp's initial start to the season was decent. He is at Wolves tonight but Ipswich have decent reserves and another zero to two score wont do confidence any good.

Hope the drop in form is temporary or we could struggle a bit, especially away.

59 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Any thoughts on what is going on with Drew Kemp ??

Started season well with both Poole & Wolves but suddenly his form has fallen off a cliff and his scores for both have been poor last week or two and also didn't do well at the World U21 meeting at the weekend either with only 4 points. from 5 rides.

Started this season like the rider who was finally realising his early potential after 4 seasons of riding in all 3 leagues, but do admit a little worried whats going on with his form some 3 months short of being 20.

The point being that fully expected Ablitt to be getting us almost zero each meting as a just turned 18 year old in only his third season (discounting wiped out 2021), but we can ill afford carrying two reserves producing little.

Its early doors I know but again our top 3 we are getting inconsistencies as all 3 not always firing (especially away) and Kemp's initial start to the season was decent. He is at Wolves tonight but Ipswich have decent reserves and another zero to two score wont do confidence any good.

Hope the drop in form is temporary or we could struggle a bit, especially away.

there are reasons and it's being worked on, some things though aren't an immediate fix

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, stevehone said:

there are reasons and it's being worked on, some things though aren't an immediate fix

Ok so it has been  recognised there are some issues.

Let's hope they can find and sort what it is. An on form Drew like the one who started he season is a big plus at reserve, especially when Nathan is finding his feet.

Fortunately its still very early season so plenty of time to hopefully put right.

Blowing yer big end?

Ahhhhhh that's better :lol:

Edited by Turnip

1 hour ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Ok so it has been  recognised there are some issues.

Let's hope they can find and sort what it is. An on form Drew like the one who started he season is a big plus at reserve, especially when Nathan is finding his feet.

Fortunately its still very early season so plenty of time to hopefully put right.

I wouldn't be surprised if he's carrying a bit of an injury from that fall at Oxford?!

29 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if he's carrying a bit of an injury from that fall at Oxford?!

That's what I was thinking. He also had a couple of  falls at Wolves too like the same week or the week before?

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

That's what I was thinking. He also had a couple of  falls at Wolves too like the same week or the week before?

Well he's scored 3 and 2+1 including overtaking Danny King before some first bend bunching put him in the fence at Wolves tonight!! Fingers crossed he's OK.

Edited by Skidder1

I wouldn't worry Poole fans you'll find some rider from somewhere who will win you the league of course

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, ScottyJ said:

I wouldn't worry Poole fans you'll find some rider from somewhere who will win you the league of course

If Poole win the league again it'll be because they have a better team than all others in the play-offs. Same as if any other team were to win it.;)

• Like 2

60-30