British Speedway Forum
Shaleshifter

Poole Pirates Vs Newcastle Diamonds 11/5/22

1 hour ago, Phil83 said:

It’s the SCB Steve and if people stopped slagging rob off or the track that’s being repaired there wouldn’t be any arguments especially when they have no clue how much work goes on to get a meeting ready for tapes up 

Not enough obviously… otherwise why would it be such a shambles. He might work hard doesnt make him any good 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Phil83 said:

I think you mean rob and no I’m not rob I just think it’s crap blaming rob when he saved the club twice already having forked out a mint last year to make sure we had a team and I think you have a cheek to call yourself diamondboy try backing your promotion 

I have spent thousands at the club over the years so I am entitled to an opinion. The fans spent a “mint” last season on the go fund me campaign. Did that money not help save the club? The bloke in my opinion is way out of his depth. You only hear anything from him when he wants a rant or the begging bucket comes out. But you keep licking his hoop, I’m sure he will appreciate it.

• Like 2

Far from an idiot like just don’t take well to mugs that think they can do a better job well come on down to brough park and put your money where your mouth is we will sat and Sunday wonder how many keyboard warriors don’t turn up hahahaha 

Why you go back to worrying about your club and let other people worry about theirs. All you have achieved so far is to paint Newcastle Speedway in a far worse light than it already was (and to be fair with a club that is falling apart at the seams its saying something). Nobody wants any clubs to close in the same way as they don't want the sport to disappear but half baked efforts to keep a club going do just as much harm as good. Given the few who attend its unlikely there were first time holiday makers at the Newcastle debacle but if they were its highly unlikely they would ever attend any track again. Poor showings reflect badly on the whole sport not just the host club.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

Unlike some , I don’t comment on a subject I know nothing about , unless I’m asking a question on the matter to educate myself. I don’t make presumptuous uneducated comments on something I know nothing about. YOU, by your own admission DID.

and whilst I’m being ‘ condescending’ and mentioning education, it’s ‘ WHAT ‘ , not ‘ WOT ‘ .

And with reference to our intellectual exchange yesterday.

The word 'wot' is actually in the dictionary so you had better educate yourself before you comment on my use of the English language! (peeing myself with laughter! :rofl:)

Now you do know!

Wot Wot

:rofl::rofl:

Edited by Turnip
  • Haha 1

I really couldn’t give a monkeys bollocks what gives you the right to slag rob off come put your money where your mouth is we will be at the track all weekend you will see a small part of what rob does but I bet you don’t 

:rolleyes::rofl:

9 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Why you go back to worrying about your club and let other people worry about theirs. All you have achieved so far is to paint Newcastle Speedway in a far worse light than it already was

One good thing tho, this is a Poole thread (ish). ;)

Edited by ruffdiamond

Whoever is in charge of getting things right at any club needs to get them right on the night. Whether that's the track, programme, presentation, stewarding, medical cover etc.....

The fans, like myself, can make valid opinions whether they are educated ones or not.

Wot we see on the night is wot we see & determines whether we are attracted to go back again or not no matter what explanation is given when things go wrong.

All these wishy washy reasons given, valid or not, are not good enough especially when trying to attract new fans.

Oxford was so bad, extremely bad with the dust vs Poole it was like desert storm. Do you think new fans wud want to put up with that each week. Never had shale dust & chips before.

I've been going to speedway for 43 years & that was shocking at Oxford, I don't care even if they said something like we put x amount of gallons of water down blah blah blah....

It's all about getting the product right on the night, nothing else matters not even valid reasons!!!!

Edited by Turnip
  • Like 5

How come Turnip can post stupid posts one minute and then post sensible comments the next?:rolleyes:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Turnip said:

...... Never had shale dust & chips before......

You haven't lived. That's "luxury".

18 minutes ago, tyretrax said:

How come Turnip can post stupid posts one minute and then post sensible comments the next?:rolleyes:

Bipolar vegetable?

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, False dawn said:

You haven't lived. That's "luxury".

Bipolar vegetable?

Bipolar vegetable.......:rofl: :rofl:

49 minutes ago, tyretrax said:

I'm a tale of the unexpected.......cue the theme tune :party:

52 minutes ago, Turnip said:

I'm a tale of the unexpected.......cue the theme tune :party:

As expected.....

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, StevePark said:

As expected.....

Excellent :lol: Well played that man :D

Maybe the club's should play that toon when the tractor racing starts!

:rofl:

Edited by Turnip

19 hours ago, tyretrax said:

He does sprout nicely at certain times................!!:rolleyes: