British Speedway Forum
bigcatdiary

Peterborough v Belle Vue - 9th May

7 hours ago, keepturningleft said:

Norick Blodorn is more articulate in a second language than Sam Ermolenko is in his first.

Kelvin is doing a sterling job but the loss of Nigel Pearson is now starkly apparent as exemplified by the monotone, dreary delivery of someone such as Josh Pickering tonight. 

The camera work is hugely disappointing, two crucial overtakes completely missed. How hard can it be?

Obviously you are the man for the job, get on the mic, or the Camera, like you said how hard can it be!!!!

12 hours ago, BassoRacingFan said:

The BV team budget is significantly larger than the Panthers budget. 

Very difficult to compete against teams who have free stadiums given to them. Why is there no financial fair play in speedway?

Plus add in our rent which is the highest in the league

Buster ruined the track in 2019 when he added 30 tons of clay to the material and it gave him essentially the same top dressing as he has at Lynn. Go back over the last few years and this has been a common theme since 2019. Back then in order to get a slicker inside they ended up not grading till after heat 10 half the time, but the clay is in the material. the only way to get rid of it is to completely change the top dressing and that costs a lot of money. No one is going to bother with that as you're only going to be there for a couple more seasons.  Funny, the track really hasn't changed much since 2019, sure some days it rides better than others, but a lot of that depends on the opposition. When you're winning the track is seen differently to when you're losing. But people see what they want to see

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

You are preaching to the converted, I said when I started this thread that we shouldn’t have a grippy white line and that’s exactly what we got with super fast times for the first four races and anybody moving off it went backwards and still the track is prepared like this.

I have discussed this with riders and management at various times and their were moves to make the inside a bit slicker, this would surely make the racing better as last nights was pretty non existent before the interval, it did improve after the interval but of course the damage was already done.

Its just a shame that the people doing the track ( and before anyone says I don’t think Buster is involved in it) are setting it up like last night because as a viewing spectacle the racing was dreadful (gate and go) although I accept the few Belle Vue fans might have liked it.

The crowd was poor last night and if we continue in this manner both with track set up and results it will only get worse

I agree with Rob Lyon with most of his comments in the match review, Belle Vue were much better out of the starts and they attacked the track, we didn’t and paid the penalty. Our team is virtually the same as last year and they did us proud, I have no problem with Ostergaard having been signed again this year along with the others but at the moment they haven’t clicked and some of them have been poor for the most part.

Very early doors, plenty of time to turn it around.

• Like 1

Belle Vue looked very good to be fair, they will take some beating over two legs.

Just now, Bagpuss said:

Belle Vue looked very good to be fair, they will take some beating over two legs.

They'll win the league this year for sure imo.

Fancy KL to finish runners up with NKI staying over Sheffield tbh. 

Seeing as we are completely getting ahead of ourselves now, based on preferred line ups only I would quite like to see a BV vs KL final.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

Did you not win the league with that "garbage" ??? Really lol

Irrelevant... I travel 90 miles to watch speedway at the Showground for quality racing, not gate and go rubbish on a crap surface. That's the reason i stopped going to Lynn...

49 minutes ago, TTT said:

They'll win the league this year for sure imo.

Fancy KL to finish runners up with NKI staying over Sheffield tbh. 

Dont forget we dont do play offs, i think we are after Preston North Ends record for play off losses :)

12 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

Did he not do your track last season, when you won the league

This 100%. it's looking for someone to blame 

20 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

Irrelevant... I travel 90 miles to watch speedway at the Showground for quality racing, not gate and go rubbish on a crap surface. That's the reason i stopped going to Lynn...

I  understand that. I agree the track was crap. What i was getting at was that i didn't recall people moaning as much last season when you where winning the league on it. I admit i don't read the Panthers threads that much, and  i could be wrong..  The AFA is much better since it was prepped slicker. The times ain't as fast, But fast don't mean nothing, it's about the racing. 

I'm not sure who did the track last night, but how hard can it be to rip the outside up a bit?.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Flappy said:

This 100%. it's looking for someone to blame 

It is and it isn’t tho I think…. If the track does clearly look to be riding different then who is responsible? Yes it’s the same for both teams and Bellevue looked far more determined but there never seems too be much consistency with the track, the Ipswich meeting was superb passing all the time, since then it’s been crap 

3 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

I  understand that. I agree the track was crap. What i was getting at was that i didn't recall people moaning as much last season when you where winning the league on it. I admit i don't read the Panthers threads that much, and  i could be wrong..  The AFA is much better since it was prepped slicker. The times ain't as fast, But fast don't mean nothing, it's about the racing. 

I'm not sure who did the track last night, but how hard can it be to rip the outside up a bit?.  

For me, it isnt about ripping up the outside..

It's more dont have the kerb line that deep...

When the Aces were behind they passed the Panthers riders pretty easily early on, mainly underneath down the back straight coming off turn two..

And. As the meeting went on the outside never really became a "go to" line as the inside stayed so good...

Turns 3 and 4 had no drive away from the inside line whatsoever and anyone trying an outside pass made no ground, or actually lost position.. 

It becomes like "riding on rails" when you have a deep inside line on a big circular track, meaning very little point in moving off the same line when following the rider in front around..

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Redpanther said:

It is and it isn’t tho I think…. If the track does clearly look to be riding different then who is responsible? Yes it’s the same for both teams and Bellevue looked far more determined but there never seems too be much consistency with the track, the Ipswich meeting was superb passing all the time, since then it’s been crap 

People can't just blame it on the material in that case. It must of been the same for both meetings. Looks like the Ippo meeting  proves it is possible for the track to produce good racing. It can only be down to track prep then?