British Speedway Forum
bigcatdiary

Peterborough v Belle Vue - 9th May

6 minutes ago, TTT said:

We're done this season already. 

Wooden spoon is inevitable but a more importantly topic is Buster Chapman and how he's ruined our track.

No point in making any team changes so we may as well just spend the rest of the season lowering our average as much as possible.

Did he not do your track last season, when you won the league

Just now, lisa-colette said:

Anyone hear what Basso was shouting at the tapes when they were showing the helmet cam? I swear he said 'who's the best..' at one point! lol

Poole Pirates are the best Ben! :D

13 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

That worked out well lol!

Took me  by surprise Lisa too

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

He was at you gaff last year. Didn't here many moaners when u won the league

I dont know about you but with a picture of the aces flag under his user name gives alot away as to who he follows

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

I dont know about you but with a picture of the aces flag under his user name gives alot away as to who he follows

Buster lol

2 hours ago, CB252 said:

Track slickens off and you finally get some decent racing.

Shouldn't be rocket science.

Assuming it the same stockcar-friendly, high clay stuff that's used at Lynn (it looks it) then you don't need much of it and certainly don't want lots round the kerb. The Lynn track has been slick this year and the racing has been much better for it. Same for the Play Off final 2nd leg at P'boro last season. Don't understand Busters obsession with grip, Peterborough has so many lines when it's prepared right.

Edited by Bagpuss
  • Like 3

23 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Wasn't this bad tbh.

Basically a curb crawling track now.

20 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Some weeks he did & if you go back through last seasons Peterborough threads there were tons of complaints about the track prep. 

Peterborough fans weren't blinkered because they were winning. 

You know full well what track prep is like at King's Lynn to understand the moans. A couple of cracking races by Pickering doesn't negate the concerns of Buster's abilities as a track man at the AFA & Showground 

2 hours ago, mikebv said:

Anyone seen TTT?

I was at the meeting believe or not.

Lucky me :D

2 hours ago, nw42 said:

It's nowhere near as bad as last Monday, it's a nice fast track and riders aren't having to reverse into the corners, passing may well be more prevalent  if an outside line develops, hopefully soon.

Bore fest till late on but at least the Monmore highlights tonight proved it’s a good race track, shame the Stars were rubbish last week.

As for tonight, the Panthers look spent. No answers at all. This is one of my favourite tracks to watch racing from so hugely disappointing till late on. 
The Aces were every bit as good as the Panthers were poor.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bald Bloke said:

Anyone thought Josh did ok for a rider having stuck a mic under his chin 

I thought he was fantastic, really grew into it, I enjoyed listening to him.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, SUPERACE said:

I thought he was fantastic, really grew into it, I enjoyed listening to him.

At the first i thought sh>t but i thought he did well. Not easy live on TV

• Like 1

Norick Blodorn is more articulate in a second language than Sam Ermolenko is in his first.

Kelvin is doing a sterling job but the loss of Nigel Pearson is now starkly apparent as exemplified by the monotone, dreary delivery of someone such as Josh Pickering tonight. 

The camera work is hugely disappointing, two crucial overtakes completely missed. How hard can it be?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, keepturningleft said:

The camera work is hugely disappointing, two crucial overtakes completely missed. How hard can it be?

It is down to two thing I believe.  Most likely the cameraperson has never watched speedway before so doesn't know where to pint the camera.  Or less likely the camera is getting everything but the producer (possibly director, I don't know) is choosing the wrong camera to show.

Could be both!

9 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Shouldn't be rocket science.

Assuming it the same stockcar-friendly, high clay stuff that's used at Lynn (it looks it) then you don't need much of it and certainly don't want lots round the kerb. The Lynn track has been slick this year and the racing has been much better for it. Same for the Play Off final 2nd leg at P'boro last season. Don't understand Busters obsession with grip, Peterborough has so many lines when it's prepared right.

You are preaching to the converted, I said when I started this thread that we shouldn’t have a grippy white line and that’s exactly what we got with super fast times for the first four races and anybody moving off it went backwards and still the track is prepared like this.

I have discussed this with riders and management at various times and their were moves to make the inside a bit slicker, this would surely make the racing better as last nights was pretty non existent before the interval, it did improve after the interval but of course the damage was already done.

Its just a shame that the people doing the track ( and before anyone says I don’t think Buster is involved in it) are setting it up like last night because as a viewing spectacle the racing was dreadful (gate and go) although I accept the few Belle Vue fans might have liked it.

The crowd was poor last night and if we continue in this manner both with track set up and results it will only get worse

I agree with Rob Lyon with most of his comments in the match review, Belle Vue were much better out of the starts and they attacked the track, we didn’t and paid the penalty. Our team is virtually the same as last year and they did us proud, I have no problem with Ostergaard having been signed again this year along with the others but at the moment they haven’t clicked and some of them have been poor for the most part.