British Speedway Forum
lisa-colette

Newcastle vs Glasgow 8/5/22 4pm??

2 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Complaint was made well before then obviously rider safety is paramount.

Bit cynical there don’t you think.

Maybe, I've going to speedway for a while in my defence!! ;) But the only reference I can see about a complaint was after H10. 

Yet again theres issues!! This promotion needs looking at 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, lisa-colette said:

Maybe, I've going to speedway for a while in my defence!! ;) But the only reference I can see about a complaint was after H10. 

Glasgow complained to the clerk of the course well before heat 10 on condition’s.

• Thanks 1

Presumably if home team riders and referee were happy with track they could have finished the remaining heats with 2 home riders only in each heat.That didn't happen so either ref or home riders or both must also have been a bit unhappy with it

4 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Once got so far in obviously wanted a result to be called so didn't need to come back!!! But complaints definitely made before. Lost one rider and 2 others in fairly dangerous sounding accidents why would you want the last 5 heats?

Was time given to sort it though? When Poole had the problem with a big hole vs Brum last season they delayed for over an hour to sort it and Rory had to test it after so the other riders knew it was safe. 

I can't find anywhere what us wrong with the track. Is it holes, bumps, the material they use? :unsure:

I see result stands it kinda  tells you conditions were not the best , just glad we got out without anymore injuries.

Newcastle riders were not happy with the track either and had been complaining, wasn't just Glasgow, there was a trench, not just a rut between bends 1 and 2

• Thanks 1

Just now, lisa-colette said:

Was time given to sort it though? When Poole had the problem with a big hole vs Brum last season they delayed for over an hour to sort it and Rory had to test it after so the other riders knew it was safe. 

I can't find anywhere what us wrong with the track. Is it holes, bumps, the material they use? :unsure:

Had already taken 2 hours to get that far. Don't know if Newcastle have a curfew or was seamed beyond repair. Maybe grants preparing it how he liked it as a rider as that's only way he'd beat anyone. 

I'm interested to see what those were there thought. Notice very quiet from Newcastle fans, that surprises me

7 minutes ago, phillipsr said:

Yet again theres issues!! This promotion needs looking at 

It would appear to be at least the third week in a row the track has been substandard judging by comments on here and on updates.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Interesting only complained after H10 when result stands!! 

What was actually wrong with the track?? 

14 minutes ago, Gazc said:

You wonder how it got too that, did riders do a track walk pre-meeting ?.

Were concerns raised then, I see we were complaining about conditions at heat 4 bit of a shambles.

13 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Complaint was made well before then obviously rider safety is paramount.

Bit cynical there don’t you think.

12 minutes ago, screm said:

Obviously I am not there so can`t comment on specific track conditions for this meeting but its fair to say this meeting wasn`t abandoned due to track conditions because of rain making the track wet and un-rideable. But I will make this point, in cricket there is a rule where the governing body, ECB, can investigate a sub-standard pitch, maybe the BSPA should do the same especially in these circumstances where it would appear a club can prepare a sub-standard track.

8 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

6 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Glasgow complained to the clerk of the course well before heat 10 on condition’s.

I would think the weather has played its part these last few days as Leicester had issues, also, last night.

Strange that most riders had a 1st or 2nd & the "superstar" C Cook only 1 point from 2 rides tells a different story!

17 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Interesting only complained after H10 when result stands!! 

What was actually wrong with the track?? 

Seemingly the track was pretty crap last week .Senior riders would not let the Berwick juniors ride in 2nd half due to track conditions.The Control Board need to get up there and have a serious look at the track judged on what’s been happening.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

I would think the weather has played its part these last few days as Leicester had issues, also, last night.

Strange that most riders had a 1st or 2nd & the "superstar" C Cook only 1 point from 2 rides tells a different story!

A few of them also had a fall ex.

1 minute ago, Fromafar said:

Seemingly the track was pretty crap last week .Senior riders would not let the Berwick juniors ride in 2nd half due to track conditions.The Control Board need to get up there and have a serious look at the track judged on what’s been happening.

Well it seems the SCB sent Terry to ours last season to sort things out, so only a matter of time the same happens to Newcastle.

• Like 1

Just now, lisa-colette said:

Well it seems the SCB sent Terry to ours last season to sort things out, so only a matter of time the same happens to Newcastle.

It’s only a matter of time the few fans they have got left give up on it.IMO

Track and Team need sorting out.

Glad I made the decision to give it a miss today , best £100 I've saved in a while 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1