British Speedway Forum
lisa-colette

Newcastle vs Glasgow 8/5/22 4pm??

2 hours ago, HectorRacing said:

There seem to be more glasgow fans then us newc ones

If the club asked Eddie Howe along as guest of honor, they would get thousands through the turnstile.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

We are all grateful to texters (I've done it many times, it's not easy) but you can't have people making stuff up or texting what they think happened without being certain. If what was said about Cook was untrue I can't blame him for being annoyed. 

Exactly!!

• Thanks 1

Newcastle need a.number 1 with a motocross background by the look of that track,Lawson maybee? Uk speedway a disgrace if they can let this happen 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Joseq7 said:

I have no grudge against Newcastle, or any other team in the league, we all ultimately need each other, but this must never be allowed to happen again.

Fair post & we need everyone pulling together to keep the championship product going as it's the best speedway option on the uk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

We are all grateful to texters (I've done it many times, it's not easy) but you can't have people making stuff up or texting what they think happened without being certain. If what was said about Cook was untrue I can't blame him for being annoyed. 

49 minutes ago, Paulco said:

As one of the much maligned texters myself , got moaned at on Friday for not being quicker than Glasgow's  twitter , I've learned you should pretty much just stick to reporting what you see happening over the 4 laps on the track .

The referee's verdict is final, so might aswell wait for the referee's call,,, cos anything else might be what you think you had seen? 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Paulco said:

As one of the much maligned texters myself , got moaned at on Friday for not being quicker than Glasgow's  twitter , I've learned you should pretty much just stick to reporting what you see happening over the 4 laps on the track .

Or perhaps just text the result. 

Edited by SharpenRake
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Bandits4eva said:

You don’t attend now I take it? :unsure:

Not been for a while .

5 hours ago, SharpenRake said:

Or perhaps just text the result. 

Few years back I, before the Facennas , i was summoned to a meeting at the track and asked to describe the race more and not just say from the gate , even if the race was just from the gate .

• Haha 4

The track has obviously been neglected for several years and is badly worn. I’m sure the track curator would have been asking for more shale to build it back up but I suspect would have been told they can’t afford it. 
now they can’t afford not to replace the track surface. 

1 hour ago, HectorRacing said:

Seen Jye E’s post on the diamonds fb page

The reply to it made me laugh!

1 minute ago, Bagpuss said:

The reply to it made me laugh!

Any chance post it for those of us don't venture on to social media?

9 hours ago, Paulco said:

It’s not an easy job at all, but you are spot on, just stick to reporting on the results and the race itself.

• Like 1

Cami never said anything when Glasgow track was made bigger and there had a wet hole knocking riders off all the time

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1