British Speedway Forum
lisa-colette

Newcastle vs Glasgow 8/5/22 4pm??

In the Speedway Star a few weeks ago Craig mentioned about his struggles and stated 

``I only care about what the main people in my life think of me. I`ve stopped worrying about what everyone else thinks. If you worry about everyone else`s opinions you end up in a dark hole``

2 sides here, the texter is entitled to their opinion but in doing so can unknowingly antagonise mentioned person. Also previously knowing the history of the rider was it necessary or just trying to upset him?

Other side is knowing his own fallibility should he be reading these posts?

I have no idea what happened but reading the texts on updates it does lead everyone who isn't their.

Hope Tom recovers quickly, most exciting British rider at the moment and if the track was so bad so early why oh why continue it for so long.

Speedway does need Newcastle and every help from other clubs should be offered to facilitate a decent track.

Another lost track means less riders jobs and chances that our sport will disappear to the annals of history.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Jaizer said:

Any chance post it for those of us don't venture on to social media?

You are on social media now.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, topaz325 said:

Think he meant Facebook and Twitter etc 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, topaz325 said:

Must be great being that smart. Pretty obvious what I meant

• Like 2

So Newcastle Promotion have commented

"Grant said: “We do have issues with drainage with the track, and also have issues with an old kerb from years ago coming through the surface from below.

“We know that, but tonight (Sunday) was absolutely no worse than it had been over the last few weeks, so there was no need for any of this tonight."

If they knew the kerb was coming through it was clearly an issue and the meeting should never have been run in the interests of safety.

Rob Grant's butchering skills are showing through as he is obviously talking mince.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, highside said:

After seeing photos of the track on social media who is the track man this year?

That is a good question!  Programme states Graham Trollope, Steve Robson, Terry Bolam, Lee Coates cover track maintenance.  Licensed Track Curators are Rob Grant and Stephen Robson as listed on the SCB list of officials.

8 hours ago, SharpenRake said:

Or perhaps just text the result. 

I'm not fundamentally disagreeing with you but I must say I do enjoy a wee bit of colour commentary from the texter too. 

It gives me more of a feel for the momentum of a meeting.

And of course I usually expect the comments to be a bit biased but *if* their reporting is factually inaccurate and defaming then that's not in the correct spirit. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Fozzie4388 said:

Still doesn't answer why the texter would get into trouble? Just because his view is different to others? It's not as if he's been abusive or used expletive words about Cook

libel, defamation - a few other laws that publishers of public content have to abide by

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, cinderfella said:

So Newcastle Promotion have commented

"Grant said: “We do have issues with drainage with the track, and also have issues with an old kerb from years ago coming through the surface from below.

“We know that, but tonight (Sunday) was absolutely no worse than it had been over the last few weeks, so there was no need for any of this tonight."

If they knew the kerb was coming through it was clearly an issue and the meeting should never have been run in the interests of safety.

Rob Grant's butchering skills are showing through as he is obviously talking mince.

Pathetic statement from Grant.If that’s the best he can do he wants to pack it in.Teams will be refusing to race just shortly if the situation remains the same.Even the Home Team can’t be happy IMO.He is clueless,needs to stick to flipping burgers.

• Like 5

12 hours ago, Jaizer said:

I'm sure people on this forum know my feelings towards my TM so I've no doubt that's exactly right. And his comments about 1 pass does go against the updates

Likes a profile does Brown.

3 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Didn’t Berwick have similar issues with the track last week ?.

So what he is saying as I read it is he knows the track was sh*t but it was sh*t last week also and probably sh*t the week before , you would like too think if he knows it has been sh*t for weeks he would at least attempt to make it not sh*t in a nutshell.

Bends 3 & 4 last week caused issues… may also explain why everyone hugged the white line as much! The only one brave enough to come off it was Bomber in heat 15, which was awarded to Starke despite it looking the other way round… never mind! I seriously hope that it is sorted… 

Genuine question… was it a landlord decision to put you to Sundays as a race day? I can’t remember why you originally moved from the Monday nights… I remember some banging meetings between Newcastle and Berwick at the start of the noughties on Monday nights! 

Going to be difficult for Newcastle to attract a new No.1, if the track isn't fit for purpose?

I feel for the passionate/loyal fans/supporters of the club....especially after working so hard to stay in existence.

2 hours ago, Bear_Bottom said:

Jye Etheridge

One option to move the track to the old kerb :D what about option two shut the place down

Cheers Jye very helpful :D If teams close we won’t need as many bang average Aussies over here. See ya!

We need a large league Jye.

Crass statement.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, topaz325 said:

Maybe meaning Faceache and twitter