British Speedway Forum
lisa-colette

Newcastle vs Glasgow 8/5/22 4pm??

4 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

What was the reason he let him go again? I forget...

Money !

He was told the promoter could do a better job than him and save money at the same time hence the S/Star article by said promoter saying the track had been bad for years , Oh how that has come back to haunt him !

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Discofever said:
2 hours ago, Discofever said:

And as your reply states that was 2021 and this is 2022 and unless you are the accountant of Newcastle speedway then I don’t see how you can comment on their finances. 

Well you should have plenty in the pot seeing as you didn’t spend much on your team this season. 
getting 100 tons of shale any paying a professional team to relay the track won’t be a issue then. 

• Thanks 1

So will the riders still be paid for the last 5 heats or not?

18 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

We are all grateful to texters (I've done it many times, it's not easy) but you can't have people making stuff up or texting what they think happened without being certain. If what was said about Cook was untrue I can't blame him for being annoyed. 

Cook is one of those riders who opposition fans hate, but home fans love. I’m not sure why he gets such abuse. 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, soupy said:

So will the riders still be paid for the last 5 heats or not?

No

8 minutes ago, Shadders said:

Cook is one of those riders who opposition fans hate, but home fans love. I’m not sure why he gets such abuse. 

Little Green Eyed Monster? 

not Mike Wazowski. ;)

Edited by ruffdiamond

32 minutes ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

Money !

He was told the promoter could do a better job than him and save money at the same time hence the S/Star article by said promoter saying the track had been bad for years , Oh how that has come back to haunt him !

Did Dave Tatum not do the track last year ?.Probably not got anyone now that he has passed away.

7 hours ago, Endeavour said:

Likes a profile does Brown.

Doubt he would be there if it was not for the Sponsorship he provides.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Gaz said:

The rider didn’t crash because he was avoiding the rut, he hit the airbag near the pit gate which is nowhere near the concrete line.

Heat 10 was actually race of the season at brough as well with about 5 passes in the race.

They need to post that race on YouTube

39 minutes ago, Shadders said:

Still gets boo'd at Poole. Well Glasgow haven't visited yet but he did last season.

The reason he gets it at Poole is from his KL days where:

1. He putJosh G on the greyhound track (might have already mentioned that!)

2. Him and Rob Lambert apparently decided to create their own hole in Poole track, as if we needed any more! (One of them dug and one of them filmed it, can't remember which way round it was). 

1 hour ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

With some tracks not having ‘ a base ‘ just how exactly do you inspect something that isn’t there ?

Funny enough the surgeon said that to my doctor when I went in for brain surgery!

:rofl:

36 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Did Dave Tatum not do the track last year ?.Probably not got anyone now that he has passed away.

Dave Tattum did not do the track last year.  The listed Track Curators for this season have already been mentioned earlier on in this thread.

27 minutes ago, Bandit59 said:

They need to post that race on YouTube

If it wasn’t for the obvious it would of been the heat to go on there. 

2 minutes ago, StevePark said:

Dave Tattum did not do the track last year.  The listed Track Curators for this season have already been mentioned earlier on in this thread.

Ok ,thanks.

4 hours ago, HectorRacing said:

I cant find his comment now, has he deleted it?

He commented on another Social Media site but someone quoted it on here.