British Speedway Forum
lisa-colette

Newcastle vs Glasgow 8/5/22 4pm??

1 hour ago, screm said:

No

Thanks.So Rob Grant would of saved some money out of the fiasco unless the club is fined.

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

Doubt he would be there if it was not for the Sponsorship he provides.

I'm just shocked he didn't photo bomb the picture of the rut

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, arnieg said:

Why would a new owner need planning permission?

We've constantly been told over the last 20 years or so that if speedway ends at Brough Park for any period of time (excluding off season of course) then anyone wanting to re-start the Diamonds would need to apply for permission to operate a speedway team at the venue.  And that application is likely to be turned down. Given the proximity to housing I would imagine.

If someone takes over from Rob Grant and there is no break then that wouldn't be the case.  But there is nobody waiting in the wings.

32 minutes ago, soupy said:

Thanks.So Rob Grant would of saved some money out of the fiasco unless the club is fined.

Can`t see the club being fined, track work has begun with the postponement of Newcastle`s next home fixture, probably at great expense to Rob Grant. If there isn`t an up turn in attendances especially what has happened in the last couple of weeks Rob Grant could be massively out of pocket. 

1 minute ago, screm said:

Can`t see the club being fined, track work has begun with the postponement of Newcastle`s next home fixture, probably at great expense to Rob Grant. If there isn`t an up turn in attendances especially what has happened in the last couple of weeks Rob Grant could be massively out of pocket. 

At least he is listening to the people and trying to put it right 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, screm said:

Grant was going to let concessions in for  free in that meeting, so would been lucky to make a bean of that fixture.

1 hour ago, cinderfella said:

I'm just shocked he didn't photo bomb the picture of the rut

A Russian one? ;)

29 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Grant was going to let concessions in for  free in that meeting, so would been lucky to make a bean of that fixture.

He might carry that gesture on till a later fixture?

37 minutes ago, screm said:

I think nearly every speedway promoters are out of pocket with the exception of money bags Glasgow & poole

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Discofever said:

He probably had no choice but to put it right.

Edited by Diamondboy
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, cinderfella said:

Why do folk continually have a go at the Glasgow Promotion because they have successful business?

I'm fed up pointing out that the Facenna brother financially support other ventures, such as junior football (equivalent of English non-league) and do lots for the community and charities.

Folk seem to forget the help they have given to injured riders from visiting teams and support to Team GB.

Too many green eyed monsters with tunnel vision.

Maybe the teams they follow would have more cash to splash if the total product offered was up to the standard offered at Ashfield.

It's there comfort blanket I tend to ignore the jealousy these day's.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, enotian said:

We've constantly been told over the last 20 years or so that if speedway ends at Brough Park for any period of time (excluding off season of course) then anyone wanting to re-start the Diamonds would need to apply for permission to operate a speedway team at the venue.  And that application is likely to be turned down. Given the proximity to housing I would imagine.

If someone takes over from Rob Grant and there is no break then that wouldn't be the case.  But there is nobody waiting in the wings.

But that isn't how planning permission works. Once granted it doesn't need to be renewed or refreshed.

19 minutes ago, Justgotmecpc said:

I think nearly every speedway promoters are out of pocket with the exception of money bags Glasgow & poole

There are reasons why some Promotions are out of pocket and Newcastle have shown  plenty reasons why.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, arnieg said:

But that isn't how planning permission works. Once granted it doesn't need to be renewed or refreshed.

Not quite true, for something’s yes, for sporting events, a different story

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Discofever said:

other clubs do major track work in the closed season and keep on top of it as the season progresses