British Speedway Forum
lisa-colette

Newcastle vs Glasgow 8/5/22 4pm??

26 minutes ago, Justgotmecpc said:

I think nearly every speedway promoters are out of pocket with the exception of money bags Glasgow & poole

Add Berwick to those two teams thanks to excellent sponsorship, a supporters club that raises bucket loads of cash and a promotion that cuts its cloth accordingly. 

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, cinderfella said:

Why do folk continually have a go at the Glasgow Promotion because they have successful business?

I'm fed up pointing out that the Facenna brother financially support other ventures, such as junior football (equivalent of English non-league) and do lots for the community and charities.

Folk seem to forget the help they have given to injured riders from visiting teams and support to Team GB.

Too many green eyed monsters with tunnel vision.

Maybe the teams they follow would have more cash to splash if the total product offered was up to the standard offered at Ashfield.

It might get boring if everything was the same? ;)

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, soupy said:

Have you never heard of crop photo?

Do you mean Photoshop? Having worked for probably the best photographic lab in Britain and visited professional photographers on a daily basis I do.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Heedthebaw said:

Not quite true, for something’s yes, for sporting events, a different story

You appear to have been misinformed

1 hour ago, Heedthebaw said:

other clubs do major track work in the closed season and keep on top of it as the season progresses 

Yes but Newcastle are limited when they can go into the stadium as the dogs run practically every day. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, arnieg said:

You appear to have been misinformed

I don't think he is.

I currently have planning permission for a rail depot in North Tyneside.  It is time bound and I need to decide whether or not to apply to extend it. It should be academic as the site is pristine but I still have to do it. If I want to continue to operate the site.

Likewise you can't just run a sporting event because there was a previous planning permission to do so. Isn't that why the potential new Coventry promotion/owners have had to apply for planning even though it's the exact same site the speedway previously operated on? I know they'll need to do some construction which isn't the same situation as Newcastle but they'll still need permission to operate motorsports there. That's the reality as far as I'm aware.  Unless you can provide contrary evidence?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cinderfella said:

Why do folk continually have a go at the Glasgow Promotion because they have successful business?

I'm fed up pointing out that the Facenna brother financially support other ventures, such as junior football (equivalent of English non-league) and do lots for the community and charities.

Folk seem to forget the help they have given to injured riders from visiting teams and support to Team GB.

Too many green eyed monsters with tunnel vision.

Maybe the teams they follow would have more cash to splash if the total product offered was up to the standard offered at Ashfield.

Not having a go at Glasgow as they helped out my boy out last season... I just stated that most promoters / owners will struggle to make money at speedway unlike Glasgow & Poole who have very successful businesses outside speedway & if needed they could easy bail out the speedway side of things if needed

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Still gets boo'd at Poole. Well Glasgow haven't visited yet but he did last season.

The reason he gets it at Poole is from his KL days where:

1. He putJosh G on the greyhound track (might have already mentioned that!)

2. Him and Rob Lambert apparently decided to create their own hole in Poole track, as if we needed any more! (One of them dug and one of them filmed it, can't remember which way round it was). 

Rob Lambert doing the digging and Cookie  doing the filling in as per !  lol 

8 hours ago, enotian said:

I don't think he is.

I currently have planning permission for a rail depot in North Tyneside.  It is time bound and I need to decide whether or not to apply to extend it. It should be academic as the site is pristine but I still have to do it. If I want to continue to operate the site.

Likewise you can't just run a sporting event because there was a previous planning permission to do so. Isn't that why the potential new Coventry promotion/owners have had to apply for planning even though it's the exact same site the speedway previously operated on? I know they'll need to do some construction which isn't the same situation as Newcastle but they'll still need permission to operate motorsports there. That's the reality as far as I'm aware.  Unless you can provide contrary evidence?

Another rail depot? Nice! 

9 hours ago, enotian said:

I don't think he is.

Those examples are not comparable. You've also misunderstood the Cov application which doesn't involve an appplication for speedway because that consent already exists. In my time (spanning three decades sitting on planning committees) I have been involved with planning applications for two brand new Premiership football stadiums.

10 hours ago, Justgotmecpc said:

Not having a go at Glasgow as they helped out my boy out last season... I just stated that most promoters / owners will struggle to make money at speedway unlike Glasgow & Poole who have very successful businesses outside speedway & if needed they could easy bail out the speedway side of things if needed

I’m not aware of any “successful businesses outside speedway” that Matt and Dan Ford have at Poole to “bail out the speedway side of things”. 
I doubt Matt’s chateau has covered its costs as it has had to be closed for much of the last two years, let alone been able to bail out Poole. 
Poole speedway has been a profitable business for many years now, bar a blip in their last year in the top league which was why they decided to drop down. 

• Like 2

I see the Diamonds v Scunthorpe match has also been postponed now giving more time to work on the track.

Let's hope for speedway this works out well for The Diamonds.

59 minutes ago, Wee Eck said:

I’m not aware of any “successful businesses outside speedway” that Matt and Dan Ford have at Poole to “bail out the speedway side of things”. 
I doubt Matt’s chateau has covered its costs as it has had to be closed for much of the last two years, let alone been able to bail out Poole. 
Poole speedway has been a profitable business for many years now, bar a blip in their last year in the top league which was why they decided to drop down. 

spot on eck if anything the bailing out could be going the other way,maybe some of the big sponsors are involved in things ????

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Shadders said:

Cook is one of those riders who opposition fans hate, but home fans love. I’m not sure why he gets such abuse. 

Probably because he's better than their top man, jealousy.

16 hours ago, cinderfella said:

I'm just shocked he didn't photo bomb the picture of the rut

The picture has now disappeared of here.