British Speedway Forum
lisa-colette

Newcastle vs Glasgow 8/5/22 4pm??

3 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Make your mind up :rofl:

We have a belter here this is going to be amusing.

10 minutes ago, Phil83 said:

Nah it wasn’t at all it was Greg Hancock cause it was posted all over what a pleasure it was having Greg Hancock fix our track see you can’t make a comment about any other club whe you don’t even know who repaired yours 

Oh dear.

13 minutes ago, Phil83 said:

Nah it wasn’t at all it was Greg Hancock cause it was posted all over what a pleasure it was having Greg Hancock fix our track see you can’t make a comment about any other club whe you don’t even know who repaired yours 

Carrying out track work.

Consulting on track work..

Aye your right enough Phil the above scenarios are one and the same.

NOT.

11 minutes ago, Gazc said:

We have a belter here this is going to be amusing.

Cannon fodder for you gazc:rofl:

3 hours ago, cinderfella said:

So just when did Brough Park become Rough Park?

I remember visiting in the 70s to see the great Diamonds team with the Owen Brothers overseen by the late Ian Thomas and the track never seemed to be problematic.

Likewise in the early 2000s.

So is it down to neglect, poor maintenance and mis- management or is the old lady just starting to show her age?

You don't remember "Tom's hole" on the third bend then??

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Phil83 said:

You stupid mug you had to get Greg Hancock to do Glasgow so can’t really call anyone a shambles and even then it became a horrible track to ride 

Maybe but they will be in business next year unlike your bunch of clowns 

Just now, phillipsr said:

Maybe but they will be in business next year unlike your bunch of clowns 

To cut him some slack It’s easy to mix up Greg and Steve.

They do look and sound similar.

Then again only to some.

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, StevePark said:

Can't say I knew about that but only got down a couple of times a year.

The Diamonds team at that time were different class

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, StevePark said:

Don't give them any amo Steve!!!

• Haha 1

On 5/10/2022 at 9:36 PM, arnieg said:

Again you seem to have missed the point. Planning permissions are public documents in the public domain so if there is anything granted in the last 50 years it should be easy to find.

Secondly case law governing historic use where there is no recent consent leaves me pretty confident that Newcastle have established use planning permission. (And once established there is no requirement for continuous use)

It appears that the permission expired on 3 July 1981 and a new planning application was granted on 10 July 1981.  It says the expiry date is Not available. Which would suggest there isn't one.

So it would appear to have been another cock and bull story by various promoters (not sure if the current promotion have used it tbf) to get punters to fork out to watch rubbish on the premise of use it or lose it, the well established marketing technique.

All rather academic anyway as there's no alternative promotion waiting in the wings.

1 hour ago, geoff100 said:

Brown says in todays "star" repairs could take hours he and the ref didnt give them the chance.outside my house is a pot hole council filled in poorly so now i know its there i drive round it,same could have happened on sunday on the track!

I remember about 8 years back our former promoter/manager George English asked me to go to the 3rd&4th bend to dig some of the grass out that was growing over the kerb and spreading onto the track which was done & we ( the track team at the time went all the way around the track cleaning up the kerb area which was just below in some parts & level with track in other parts which at the moment yeah it's a bit worse but not what some of the people who have took it to the extreme on being dangerous on SOCIAL MEDIA..& even when Martin Phillips joined the promotion we even tried sorting out the drainage on the 1st bend then but as rob grant has stated in his update on track work ( in some part the drain is blocked which probably would need some of the centre green to be dug up to repair & how much would that cost) so let's give the promotion a chance to do there best for Newcastle speedway & hopefully get some more good racing at Newcastle this season

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Phil83 said:

When did Greg Hancock ride for Glasgow?

3 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Don't give them any amo Steve!!!

Hey I thought the  tricky 3rd bend was compulsory at all tracks? :D

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

When did Greg Hancock ride for Glasgow?

He got well paid for riding in a set of Glasgow Kevlars at the British GP a few years back

18 hours ago, geoff100 said:

They wernt given the chance ,brown shouting were going for the play offs newcastle arnt as have said is a p*** take,if i was him i would be more concerened about how craig cook is riding he looked awful on sunday bad track or not!

pish take or brutal honesty? Glasgow (riders, manager and promotion) all carry the weight of expectancy that play offs will be reached as a very minimum given the way the team is built and the finances laid out. Newcastle are looking at play offs on a wing and a prayer that if a lot of misfortune occurs to others they might and its a big might scrape the final place. Nobody would be against Newcastle if they openly stated this year is about survival, building for the future etc in fact i think more would get behind them and Brum (who are in similar positions although they pro-actively sorted the track) sadly delusions of grandeur will only ever hold each club back and alienate all supporters not just their own.