British Speedway Forum
lisa-colette

Newcastle vs Glasgow 8/5/22 4pm??

5 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

We will have to disagree, it either happened or it didn't. There is no opinion. 

Whether we agree to disagree or not. You still haven't answered the question why the texter would get in trouble?

1 minute ago, Fozzie4388 said:

Whether we agree to disagree or not. You still haven't answered the question why the texter would get in trouble?

I've already said why in previous posts. You can easily read them and get back to me, thanks :t:

2 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

I've already said why in previous posts. You can easily read them and get back to me, thanks :t:

You clearly haven't. You've answered about people saying it didn't happen which is fair enough but you haven't answered why the texter would get In trouble for having a different view?

I fully expect as you seem to be an expert on the Updates side of things you'll be volunteering your services next time you attend a meeting to show everyone how it's done perfectly

49 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

Just back home in comet land i dont know what that "manager" was watching saying "crash after crash"  the racing was some of the best have seen there this season ,glasgow riders fell off 3 times you could  argue 2 caused by themselves,cook not interested matt wethers could hardly walk after he came off but came out and rode a great last corner to pass 2 others.it will be said by others but if score had been the other way around would it have been called off after ht 10 i dont think so.the real p*** take was glasgow walking on track to claim a victory which could and should have gone either way.i agree the pic shows how awfull and dangerous it could have been but why wait till ht 10 which was only stopped because the glasgow rider came off on his own on first corner no where near the hole. 

You should know by now Geoff that Cammie knickers could get a job on jackanory anyday !! 

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

Just back home in comet land i dont know what that "manager" was watching saying "crash after crash"  the racing was some of the best have seen there this season ,glasgow riders fell off 3 times you could  argue 2 caused by themselves,cook not interested matt wethers could hardly walk after he came off but came out and rode a great last corner to pass 2 others.it will be said by others but if score had been the other way around would it have been called off after ht 10 i dont think so.the real p*** take was glasgow walking on track to claim a victory which could and should have gone either way.i agree the pic shows how awfull and dangerous it could have been but why wait till ht 10 which was only stopped because the glasgow rider came off on his own on first corner no where near the hole. 

I’m sure the riders might disagree,they normally can do 4 laps on a decent track.If the ref though the track was OK the meeting would have continued whether Tigers came out and rode or not.I’m sure the Newcastle riders wouldn’t be putting much of an argument to continue given the photographic evidence.

1 minute ago, Fozzie4388 said:

You clearly haven't. You've answered about people saying it didn't happen which is fair enough but you haven't answered why the texter would get In trouble for having a different view?

I fully expect as you seem to be an expert on the Updates side of things you'll be volunteering your services next time you attend a meeting to show everyone how it's done perfectly

It's not a view though. It either happened or didn't. If someone says Cook threw things around the pits, then I am assuming he actually did that!! 

I did used to do it at Poole for a while lol but then I went to uni and didn't as I was actually in Plymouth. 

I know how crazy it can be to send everything through before next heat starts, so how they found time to know what Cook was doing in the pits I don't know! They obviously a wizard at texting, fair play to them! 

53 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

Glasgow complained after ht8 when the concrete rut appeared and  after the crash in ht 11 the referee was called to look at the track and asked the 2 captains who both said it was pretty dangerous the Glasgow rider  crashed because they were trying to avoid the concrete line mid corner as the concrete slab ran from mid corner right round till the start of the straight basically the racing line that every rider aims for  

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

I’m sure the riders might disagree,they normally can do 4 laps on a decent track.If the ref though the track was OK the meeting would have continued whether Tigers came out and rode or not.I’m sure the Newcastle riders wouldn’t be putting much of an argument to continue given the photographic evidence.

The point am saying the hole didnt just appear so why not complain aftet ht 5 ,6,7,whatever,2 ways to look at it was mr brown unhappy with the track and feared for his riders,or here we are 2 points in front poor track lets kick up a stink,cleaver manager or a chancer,not for me to say ;)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, mac101 said:

Glasgow complained after ht8 when the concrete rut appeared and  after the crash in ht 11 the referee was called to look at the track and asked the 2 captains who both said it was pretty dangerous the Glasgow rider  crashed because they were trying to avoid the concrete line mid corner as the concrete slab ran from mid corner right round till the start of the straight basically the racing line that every rider aims for  

Slight disagree as last glasgow man to fall came off first bend before the rut.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, geoff100 said:

The point am saying the hole didnt just appear so why not complain aftet ht 5 ,6,7,whatever,2 ways to look at it was mr brown unhappy with the track and feared for his riders,or here we are 2 points in front poor track lets kick up a stink,cleaver manager or a chancer,not for me to say ;)

Do you know when the complaints started.Like I said don’t think many riders would argue with the decision.The way things are going all results at Brough could be expunged from the record books before the end of the season.They can’t continue with that farce every week.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, mac101 said:

The rider didn’t crash because he was avoiding the rut, he hit the airbag near the pit gate which is nowhere near the concrete line.

Heat 10 was actually race of the season at brough as well with about 5 passes in the race.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

We are all grateful to texters (I've done it many times, it's not easy) but you can't have people making stuff up or texting what they think happened without being certain. If what was said about Cook was untrue I can't blame him for being annoyed. 

As one of the much maligned texters myself , got moaned at on Friday for not being quicker than Glasgow's  twitter , I've learned you should pretty much just stick to reporting what you see happening over the 4 laps on the track .

• Like 7