Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
lisa-colette

Newcastle vs Glasgow 8/5/22 4pm??

20 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Texter might get into trouble with what they said about Cook isn't true, especially if he complains about it. Be interesting to see if that race comment dissappear or not! 

Why would he get In trouble? Texter who is volunteering and doesn't get paid for doing it. No one has to read it or use the site if they don't want it's a free service after all. We're always look for willing volunteers who think they can do better (I don't mean you by this).

Everyone knows Cook is a hot head. Just take Thursday for example. Sheffield won easily against Peterborough, Yes Cook scored badly but where was he after the meeting when his 6 team mates were acknowledging the fans for supporting them etc. Yes that's right no where to be seen. It's an absolute over reaction on Cook's part.

Edited by Fozzie4388

17 minutes ago, HectorRacing said:

Yeah we did notice last weeks strange goings on in pits but had no clue since the burger van is in way, so we thought nothing off it. 

then days later a random statement. We thought new signings but it mentioned what happened/etc

then agree with your comments about tonight, meeting off, see you in two weeks and all the newc folk were in the pits, while glasgow team came out/etc

The Glasgow lot came out because they won the meeting

5 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Not being there I can't comment too much but as been said before, if referee and Newcastle were happy with the track then it wouldn't have been called off

Its only after u see the pic u can gauge how bad it looks but from where i was stood near the pits was mr brown doing all the shouting,craig cook wasnt flying off the wall he calmly walked over said something to wright and walked away,i thought wright was lucky to stay in the race he seemed to me to turn left in front of craig.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Fozzie4388 said:

Why would he get In trouble? Texter who is volunteering and doesn't get paid for doing it.

Everyone knows Cook is a hot head. Just take Thursday for example. Sheffield won easily against Peterborough, Yes Cook scored badly but where was he after the meeting when his 6 team mates were acknowledging the fans for supporting them etc. Yes that's right no where to be seen. It's an absolute over reaction on Cook's part.

Cos according to other fans Cook didn't do what texter said he did. 

Edit - we are up to at least 3 fans at meeting saying Cook was being calm. 

Edited by lisa-colette

1 minute ago, lisa-colette said:

He didn't kick off, as said on the Updates site, nothing of the sort.  No idea why it was said.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Edit - we are up to at least 3 fans at meeting saying Cook was being calm. 

Still doesn't answer why the texter would get into trouble? Just because his view is different to others? It's not as if he's been abusive or used expletive words about Cook

Just now, geoff100 said:

Its only after u see the pic u can gauge how bad it looks but from where i was stood near the pits was mr brown doing all the shouting,craig cook wasnt flying off the wall he calmly walked over said something to wright and walked away,i thought wright was lucky to stay in the race he seemed to me to turn left in front of craig.

I'm sure people on this forum know my feelings towards my TM so I've no doubt that's exactly right. And his comments about 1 pass does go against the updates

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Boro Bare said:

Must admit I have seen worse meetings at Brough this year and I was surprised to see the extent of track damage in the pictures. It explains the number of first/second bend falls although that end of the track has appeared patchy all year. I don’t know if there were concerns about the track before racing began or not. But when the first call was made from for the clerk of the course to contact the referee Roy Clarke said “I wonder how many times we’ll hear that tonight?” it suggested something might not be right.

2 decent races in my opinion. Ulle going round the outside of Starke on bend 4 (the first outside pass I’ve seen at Brough this year) and heat 10 with Howarth and Basso passing each other before Wethers nipped up the inside to pip them both. Wethers does seem to be the master at getting underneath anyone who moves a millimetre off the white line coming off bend 4. Hope he’s not too bruised after his off.

I saw Cook talking to Wright after they got a bit close in heat 5. I was expecting fireworks - there weren’t any. Couldn’t tell if Craig was complaining or asking James if he was alright. All very civilised in the circumstances. Tonight’s updates do seem to have a slight hint of home bias. 

Hopefully everything gets sorted next week both on and off the track. I suspect speedway needs Newcastle rather more than Newcastle needs speedway.

All cook said was you don't turn left down the back straight on me but I'm sure he done that on the 1st lap to james

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Arson fire said:

Wow, thats fkg shocking.

I have no grudge against Newcastle, or any other team in the league, we all ultimately need each other, but this must never be allowed to happen again.

• Like 1

After seeing photos of the track on social media who is the track man this year?

40 minutes ago, enotian said:

You misunderstand. It won't be up to the speedway authorities.  Any new owner is unlikely to get planning permission to run motorsports at Brough Park from the local authorities. You weren't to know this.  

Why would a new owner need planning permission?

4 minutes ago, highside said:

After seeing photos of the track on social media who is the track man this year?

You don’t attend now I take it? :unsure:

10 minutes ago, Justgotmecpc said:

All cook said was you don't turn left down the back straight on me but I'm sure he done that on the 1st lap to james

Love to know what the texters thoughts were on James greives's post race antics if he thought that's losing your head :rofl:

12 minutes ago, Fozzie4388 said:

Still doesn't answer why the texter would get into trouble? Just because his view is different to others? It's not as if he's been abusive or used expletive words about Cook

We will have to disagree, it either happened or it didn't. There is no opinion. 

13 minutes ago, highside said:

ACE235A4-CB92-4246-84B5-24814369BB62.jpeg

• Haha 6