British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Czech GP round 3 Prague Saturday May 28th

Well done Martin at least a Stal rider still won it.

One of the worst GPs ever staged I would imagine.

• Like 1

We could still see  this rubbish and the footie is delayed until 8/30:party:

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, chunky said:

But we were told he already had everything sewn up???

He should be walking it but his mistakes are great fun. Still expect him to win it.

Absolute Garbage for the whole night from start to finish.

That is the worst venue in GP history and a complete waste of money for anyone thinking of attending.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, iris123 said:

As a realist, I have learnt from past mistakes not to bother watching, that is why I am always amazed at the optimists among us and somewhat baffled by the stupidity of watching and moaning, and never learning. Keep it up :t:

We do live in hope that the law of averages SHOULD dictate that you’d get one or two good races out of 23 even on this embarrassing disgrace of a track. But we were wrong as that was the worse GP of all time.

The happy clappy crowd at the track may as well been zombies as they all seemed happy enough to witness that shambles! Perhaps the tickets were given away this year for free as I can’t think of any other way they would have been (apparently) happy with what they were witnessing!

Prague should never ever be given a GP round again, but we all know they will be.

Just now, Steve Shovlar said:

He should be walking it but his mistakes are great fun. Still expect him to win it.

He didn't really make any mistakes tonight though. It was just impossible to pass, which will always disadvantage him.

He's had two poor GPs, finished 5th in both and kept the series lead in tact.

It's likely that others will need to pick up similar points on their bad nights to make a series of this.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

Absolute Garbage for the whole night from start to finish.

That is the worst venue in GP history and a complete waste of money for anyone thinking of attending.

Difficult to remember any GP ever being that bad.

There wasn't really even any taking points apart from Dan's bike folding in half.

27 minutes ago, sommelier said:

Janowski the biggest bottler ever, great stuff

To be honest, he should have been out in the semi. He moved, as did Woffy, yet nothing was done...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, CB252 said:

There wasn't really even any taking points apart from Dan's bike folding in half.

We also had the unusual sight of Doyle getting a warning...

24 minutes ago, pubichair said:

Robert lambert well done proving yet again he’s not good enough lol 

Lambert is improving every year along with Bewley. Still young with lots of improvement left.

• Like 2

Another great advert for speedway . I don't think absolute rubbish

Only one word to describe the meeting…..BORING

Most people accept that Marketa is a very difficult track to pass on.I have seen some good meetings there in the past.

Sadly the Czech federation keep the SGP at Marketa even though the Pardubice track yields great racing at a stadium that can hold more than Marketa.

When I first went to Pardubice for the Golden Helmet I stayed in Pardubice. Later I stayed in Prague and got the train to Pardubice combining the beauty of Prague and seeing the meetings in Pardubice.

Dreadful advert for the Sport

I like the Teterow track so hopefully we will see an entertaining meeting.

5 hours ago, pubichair said:

Robert lambert well done proving yet again he’s not good enough lol 

Not sure I understand that comment, if it's the top 15 riders in the world, someone has to finish last. Doesn't mean that rider isn't world class!

Edited by szkocjasid
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Not sure I understand that comment, if it's the top 15 riders in the world, someone has to finish last. Doesn't mean that rider isn't works class!

Couldn't have said that any better...