British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Czech GP round 3 Prague Saturday May 28th

On 5/28/2022 at 8:03 PM, Watkins said:

At 8pm its footie time :drink:I hope it's not like this in cardiff:unsure:

That was no better! 

8 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

He rode very well, like we know he can when things are right for him. I like him, and hop he does well this year. Got to keep injury free though.          
re Bewley’s fall. I agree with what has been said…. The ref didn’t red flag it until the end of that lap so the race could be declared finished. The result was certain at that point so a good call.
I remember few years ago Woffys frame breaking at the headstock too.  And it happened to me in a grass track in my younger days…… that was a rough field that day. Not nice head butting the ground though.   
I hear today that the F1 future races in Monaco are under threat. New owners for the series, just like in speedway, they now weeding out circuits that don’t give good racing. But in relation to Monaco, the new F1 owners don’t have a lot of control of the actual organising of the event, so loose out on a lot of revenue.

A good call,  got to disagree .

Due to the football play off and UCL final i actually forgot about the GP, probably due to the fact ive never enjoyed a Prague GP. Reading peoples thoughts im glad i didnt waste my time with the meeting or the highlights package, surely now these dire tracks will be weedled out as the GP rights holders wont want this type of event going forwards? 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, waiheke1 said:

He's a racing tart. Put him on a track where passing is impossible, and the rest of the line up have a decent chsnce against him....

Possibly the worst GP I've seen, partly compensated by the good performances by Tai and Dan.  Pretty disappointing to see people writing Lambert off, he's young and certainly one of the top 15 riders in the world. 

Zmarzlik pulls the same move 9 times outta 10 when he comes from behind, bores a whole under ppl and expect them to move, done the same kinda move on Lambert on Saturday, we need Nicki P back coz he wouldn't be afraid to shut to door on him;)

• Like 3

On 5/30/2022 at 9:08 AM, kevin bass said:

Zmarzlik pulls the same move 9 times outta 10 when he comes from behind, bores a whole under ppl and expect them to move, done the same kinda move on Lambert on Saturday, we need Nicki P back coz he wouldn't be afraid to shut to door on him;)

I think Jason Doyle wasn't taking any of that either on Saturday night

Worst meeting I have ever seen - sometimes more passing in just one race at Belle Vue. Track needs more banking I reckon.

On 5/30/2022 at 9:08 AM, kevin bass said:

The main reason he bores under them is he is going twice as fast.That’s why he is a double World Champion.

Im not disputing how fast he is nor that he's a double world champion, he's a quality rider with rocket ships underneath him, im just saying if the riders infront shut the door on him and clamped him to the kerb he wouldn't get by so easily, unless he rides thru them and knocks them off, Madsen is another one who carries a lot of speed and does the same kind of move, you'd of thought by now the other riders would of sussed out him and Madsen and not keep falling for it time and time again.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kevin bass said:

Im not disputing how fast he is nor that he's a double world champion, he's a quality rider with rocket ships underneath him, im just saying if the riders infront shut the door on him and clamped him to the kerb he wouldn't get by so easily, unless he rides thru them and knocks them off, Madsen is another one who carries a lot of speed and does the same kind of move, you'd of thought by now the other riders would of sussed out him and Madsen and not keep falling for it time and time again.

I dont think it's that simple.  Bartosz goes through the inside, round the outside, through gaps that seem impossible. At Prague yes he could be blocked like that, but on a racing track he can pass on so many different lines. Of the multi-world champs of my era, he's the most spectacular to watch imo. 

• Like 3

On 6/1/2022 at 2:19 PM, kevin bass said:

Speedway riders, like football players, ain't renowned for what they've got up top. I've always wondered why there's been no pits to rider communication along the lines of other motorsports, with a manager telling his rider where the opponent is coming from. I also think it depends how much a rider WANTS to become World Champion as to what they are prepared to do, you get the feeling that Nicki Pedersen would be prepared to do almost anything to hold onto his race position

On 5/28/2022 at 8:35 PM, pubichair said:

Robert lambert well done proving yet again he’s not good enough lol 

not aged well