British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
PowerfulPierre

Leicester Lion Cubs vs B.V. Colts 14 May 2022

It will be great to see the Cubs back in action after what seems like an eternity.  I'm expecting some good close racing but can't see anything but a Cubs win when spearheaded by the twins. Furthermore, with the promotion now offering all season ticket holders free admission, there should be a good loyal group of supporters cheering the team on.  What a great gesture on the part of the promotion to offer this troughout the Cubs season!

• Like 2

I notice that the cubs are riding in the 2nd half of a double header on Sunday the 5th of June against Berwick... I wonder if the promotion will be making the great gesture of not charging those that want to watch the senior team extra money when they have no interest in the cubs, unlike last season ;)

Busy weekend for Leicester cubs with fixtures Saturday night and then Sunday lunchtime. Definitely interested to see how Coles goes as i think he could be the real key between a good side and a great side.

Pre-season I expected the Colts to win almost everywhere, but so far they've not been good away from home. Hard to know how Leicester will so having no current form to judge them on!

1 hour ago, szkocjasid said:

Hard to know how Leicester will so having no current form to judge them on!

Think Leicester will be one of the strongest in the league at home. 

It's a tricky track that most visitors don't like, and with the Thompson's riding 2nd division around there and being well dialled in, I don't expect either of them to drop a point all season at home in NL.  That on its own should win matches.

I see its r/r for Jack Parkinson Blackburn again, I take he is injured. When Belle Vue were at Berwick a couple of weeks ago nobody seemed to know why he was missing.

1 minute ago, screm said:

I see its r/r for Jack Parkinson Blackburn again, I take he is injured. When Belle Vue were at Berwick a couple of weeks ago nobody seemed to know why he was missing.

I see he is with holding his services and taking time away from the sport again. 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, screm said:

He lost his bikes and all his equipment in a fire. I guess that might have something to do with it. 

3 minutes ago, False dawn said:

He lost his bikes and all his equipment in a fire. I guess that might have something to do with it. 

Thank you, I wasn't aware of that.

3 hours ago, False dawn said:

Rode since then though and implied it wouldn't cause an issue. Sadly another in the Bridger mould where talent is there but preperation and dedication is massively lacking. Thought teams were daft to include him on his comeback and still looks a daft decision now. Probably makes Belle Vue stronger though.

Edited by Sings4Speedway
Missed a bit
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Rode since then though and implied it wouldn't cause an issue. Sadly another in the Bridger mould where talent is there but preperation and dedication is massively lacking. Thought teams were daft to include him on his comeback and still looks a daft decision now. Probably makes Belle Vue stronger though.

Another sad outcome, I always remember his 18 points haul( or something around that figure) against Eastie in a proper NL a few seasons ago with Eastie at their best thinking he was was the best away rider I'd seen there, especially as it was his first time there. Always thought at the same young age at Arlington not much between Woffinden and Bridger, funny how thing's pan out.

3 hours ago, ScottyJ said:

World's longest sunbreak here with a few fans leaving 

The management have now looked into this with a view to combining the sun break and interval which will take place after heat 15 to avoid delays.

Personally I think the twins have out grown this level of the sport. Their only gain will be experience at other tracks fielding teams at both NDL and Championship level. Even when they do race at these tracks, if they are going to progress, are other NDL level riders going to push them to the next level?

14 hours ago, screm said:

I see he is with holding his services and taking time away from the sport again. 

I heard Plymouth's facility to replace Atkins has ended, so why have Belle Vue still got a facility to replace JPB?

18 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

If Blackburn has lost all his equipment in a fire then I understand his absence and have every sympathy for him, hopefully he will be back soon. But this isn't the first break he has had from speedway, if his heart isn't in it then he might be better off out of it all together.