British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
PowerfulPierre

Leicester Lion Cubs vs B.V. Colts 14 May 2022

7 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

I heard Plymouth's facility to replace Atkins has ended, so why have Belle Vue still got a facility to replace JPB?

Im guessing the facility is in place whilst the 28 day ban is running, if JPB's witholding started later the cover still applies 

3 minutes ago, screm said:

If Blackburn has lost all his equipment in a fire then I understand his absence and have every sympathy for him, hopefully he will be back soon. But this isn't the first break he has had from speedway, if his heart isn't in it then he might be better off out of it all together. 

Im pretty sure the fire was pre season. Certainly a knock to any rider though and must have eaten into key funds. Id like to think that other promotions won't waste another chance on him but more likely he will pop up again somewhere in the future.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Teromaafan said:

The management have now looked into this with a view to combining the sun break and interval which will take place after heat 15 to avoid delays.

That sounds perfect!

On 5/15/2022 at 12:03 AM, Teromaafan said:

The management have now looked into this with a view to combining the sun break and interval which will take place after heat 15 to avoid delays.

Personally I think the twins have out grown this level of the sport. Their only gain will be experience at other tracks fielding teams at both NDL and Championship level. Even when they do race at these tracks, if they are going to progress, are other NDL level riders going to push them to the next level?

I think the answer to your question is, They have certainly not outgrown the National league. In the 2 National league standard meetings the twins have ridden in this season at other tracks   ( both independent tracks ) Mildenhall & Kent, the twins have managed 4 race wins out of 19 races between them, both were beaten 5 times by home riders at Kent yesterday. So yes there is no doubt other riders will push them and in my opinion the National league is perfect for their continued progress in the the sport.

Have to say some of the races the twins were in yesterday were fantastic and I really hope to see them back at Kent again this season.

• Like 2

On 5/12/2022 at 11:16 PM, iainb said:

I notice that the cubs are riding in the 2nd half of a double header on Sunday the 5th of June against Berwick... I wonder if the promotion will be making the great gesture of not charging those that want to watch the senior team extra money when they have no interest in the cubs, unlike last season ;)

Why should anyone have no interest in watching their future Lions?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, crescent girl said:

Why should anyone have no interest in watching their future Lions?

If I wanted to watch future Lions... I'd go to Sheffield every Thursday :lol: