British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Redcar v Poole 13/5/22

I'm sticking with a Pirates 47-43 win up in Bear country as per my earlier post. :party:

Wright will be Wrong, Erik will be Rissoles & the reserves combined are Jedward (get it?! :lol:) so they will be terrible! ....... just like me jokes!  :lol:

Lookin forward to coming down to Wimborne Road for the next 3 Pirates home meetings, vs Bandits, Monarchs & those pesky Lions, all booked in  :t:

Edited by Turnip

5 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Excellent news that Redcar have changed their minds and are now streaming the meeting. I have signed up. But so late I the day. Missed opportunity to promote the stream. If I wasn’t on here I would have not seen the change of mind and missed it.

The Poole twitter account has mentioned it and put a link to the stream, so social media interested Poole fans should see it. :t:

• Like 1

Dave Goddard doing comms which is good. Got a great hd picture on my tv. Good crowd there. 

11 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Dave Goddard doing comms which is good. Got a great hd picture on my tv. Good crowd there. 

It's the same production company that did the ones at Poole last year

• Like 1

Right out in the dirt already. Track looking good. 

So far so good for Pirates but we led by 8 at heat ten last year and lost by 8. Expecting the fightback to start. 

First stream I've taken must say commentary and picture excellent.Good start but only half way.Not seen many away tracks in this league but this track makes Wimborne Road look enormous.

It's OK but the best stream I've seen this season is defo from Plymouth. They have pit interviews with cameras focusing on the riders/bikes etc and the commentary continues during track grades etc. The Redcar stream goes eerily quiet when the tractors are buzzing around. Interview some riders/officials etc. Keep the interest going. Top marks to Plymouth so far, Edinburgh second and Redcar/Scunthorpe next on the list. Only watched four tracks' streams thus far.

• Thanks 1

Kemp back in the points again, things are working

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Tinker said:

It's OK but the best stream I've seen this season is defo from Plymouth. They have pit interviews with cameras focusing on the riders/bikes etc and the commentary continues during track grades etc. The Redcar stream goes eerily quiet when the tractors are buzzing around. Interview some riders/officials etc. Keep the interest going. Top marks to Plymouth so far, Edinburgh second and Redcar/Scunthorpe next on the list. Only watched four tracks' streams thus far.

So do poole. Reason is its same people

• Like 2

Four big points!  Whoop whoop!

• Like 2

Stream was good. Very long grading breaks though with just a bit of background noise. I think Redcar need a DJ like Karl at Poole as I couldn't help but smile at the rendition of Clive Dunn's 'Grandad'!!! 40-50 will do for me.

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1